“Quiet Lunch”

Angelo's Side Door Bistro
Ranked #31 of 43 Restaurants in Port Dover
Reviewed 14 April 2016 via mobile

We have seen this place closed most times that we went by . Today it was open so we popped in for a quick lunch .
The food was decent , ( chicken wraps ) the service was friendly but the place wasn't that busy . The beer was cold and the ones we did speak to were nice .

Reviewed 3 July 2015

I have never been to such a dump as this place. Everything was a total disappointment and diseaster including the furnishings and bar, the food, the staff and the service. I can't imagine this dive existing anywhere else but downtrodden Pt. Dover. The interior looked like something salvaged from a war, the food was tasteless served by a very impolite and stupid staff, who had no idea what they were doing. We wanted to sit on their pato to see the Canada Day parade that was going to be passing by. After sitting on the patio for 10 minutes I finally went inside to the bar to see if they were serving outside. Neither of the two waitresses understood the question so I ordered two beer. I than asked about a menu and was told that they were only serving breakfast until 2 pm. I said I don't want breakfast with my beer but just pub grub. 15 minutes later, I see both waitresses outside serving customers beer and pub grub on a very arbitrary and inconsistent basis. Some customers had to go in and get their own beer and order their food. Fortunately, the serving staff did bring out the food. However, there was only one condiment tray for the entire bar inside and out, which you were require to search for and could only have for 5 minutes or less. There were no flags, etc. commemorating Canada Day at the place so you could understand the staff didn't realize that it was our nation's birthday. Given Dover's preoccupation with Friday the 13th and the whole motorcycle mentality, it's easy to understand how a dive like this can survive. Municipal pride would never let this dump exist.

1  Thank John D
Reviewed 28 May 2015 via mobile

I enjoyed a good BLT. Family had weekend breakfast special of bacon and eggs. Friendly service. Inexpensive price. Bar atmosphere.

Reviewed 3 November 2014 via mobile

my boyfriend and i ordered a bunch of food. we got a poutine, escargot, sweet potato fries, calamari rings, and a steak and cheese melt. Firstly, the poutine wasnt bad, but its not hard to make a good poutine. the steak and cheese melt was just thrown together like they were in the biggest rush, and it was more bun then steak and cheese. They sell escargot for like 6 dollars, and i literally got four caps the size of quarters with my snails.. last but not least, we ordered a soup. all they had was chicken noodle soup, so i kind of settled, and i seriously regret that. it was basically all noodle with a little bit of broth, with BREADED CHICKEN chopped up and thrown in there. who in the world would do that?! not only was the food extremely disapointing, while my boyfriend was on the phone with them, the lady taking the order kept sighing and saying "holy." how rude and careless could you be with your customers who are merely trying to have a good meal. hello, we are paying your damn bills!

2  Thank Skylar A
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Poor poor quality food like you would expect at the worst greasy spoon or from eating roadkill or your neighbours dead cat

2  Thank Steve W