Official Site
Hotels.com
eDreams
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
All reviews the owner manitoulin island rooms are big a great stay spacious room seating area main road highly recommend this place recent trip a nice place to stay will stay there again spent one night here chose this place adirondack chairs great room sit outside lots of space
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 October 2020

The first thing that struck me about the Motel was the owner, Elizabeth. Knowledgeable, courteous and friendly, she gave me the 2 cent tour of places to go. The room was spacious and clean, and she was sure to ask if I needed anything at any time to let her know. The Location was near to the ferry, and 15 minutes away from main restaurants. There's a small LCBO, grocery, and art store a 10 minute walk from the property.

Room tip: All the rooms seem great, I was in room 1.
Date of stay: October 2020
Elizabeth Welnar, Owner at Wayside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2020

Hi Tamer...how sweet. Thank you :)

P.S.
Next time book directly. This will save you money.

Reviewed 23 September 2020

I had the pleasure of staying at the Wayside a few weeks ago as I was on the Island for a few days of work. Elizabeth, the owner was welcoming and the room was clean and comfortable. It’s also worth noting it was very quiet too… Something i’ve come to look for and appreciate on work road trips. I highly recommend this place and will definitely be staying there again. Thanks again for being a gracious host Elizabeth.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Elizabeth Welnar, Owner at Wayside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2020

Hello Yves,

It was very pleasing and enjoyable to host such a nice person as yourself. Thank you for taking your time to write this review and I hope to seeing you again.

Best regards

Reviewed 18 September 2020 via mobile

Stayed at the Wayside Motel in Manitowaning for 2 nights during a recent trip to Manitoulin island touring & visiting old family homesteads. It was an extremely clean, comfortable, large room & probably the most quiet room in a small motel we have ever had.
Due to info on website we were prepared for lack of dining or take out service nearby & were able to bring takeout purchases to reheat in room for dinners & our own breakfast supplies. Very nice bbq area & seating area out front but weather wasn't bbq friendly.
We would definitely stay at Wayside again if visiting island or catching ferry the next morning.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Elizabeth Welnar, Owner at Wayside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2020

Hi Rick,

Thank you for your feedback and for letting me know that the information on my website was valuable and helped you overcome some limitation in tourism infrastructure on the Island. I will be happy to open my room to you in future.

Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

perfect place to stay. In the center of hwy 6. Great room. Excellent host and very quiet. Will return to this hotel on our next trip. Beautiful view and a perfect room with everything u need. Loved the Bbq area and the chairs outside the rooms.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Elizabeth Welnar, Owner at Wayside Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2020

Hello Denise,

Thank you for taking time to write and share about your experience. We are happy to be of service and take great satisfaction from our work. I hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 September 2020 via mobile

Very nice place to stay. Clean spacious rooms, calm environment, with internet, tv, bbq. Host is friendly and addressed the questions patiently. Most places to cover are just 30 mins drive from the stay. Nice place to stay with toddlers as well.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for your feedback and for your patronage. I hope you will come in and visit us again in the future.