Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in great prices from these sites
Hotels.comUSD 93
PricelineUSD 93
eDreamsUSD 93
Booking.comUSD 93
TravelocityUSD 93
CheapTicketsUSD 93
All reviews the owner place to stay room was spotless minute drive her husband price was reasonable stayed one night three nights off the highway beds were very comfortable microwave motel island office shampoo bay
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2020

The pictures are accurate! the small motel is almost new inside. Just off the highway, walking distance to the waterfront and convenience store.
Staff were helpful with recommendations and were very welcoming.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 9 September 2020

We can’t give enough positive feedback about this place. Betty-Ann was most welcoming and very helpful. Our room was beautiful, clean and super comfortable. Although I’m not sure if it has A/C, it has a ceiling fan and great cross ventilation from the windows. It has everything you need......coffee (Keurig type) maker, fridge, microwave, paper towels, hair blower, iron, bath products i.e. shower gel, shampoo etc., and super smelling bar soap. Ice is available at the office if you need it. When (through conversation) Betty-Ann found out we had just gotten married a few days earlier, within a 1/2 hour, she and her cute little helper brought over a bottle of wine & two glasses.

Date of stay: September 2020
Reviewed 18 August 2020

Stopped here for one night en route to Superior shores. The beds are most comfortable, the rooms light and airy. Betty-Ann is a great hostess, keeps a good motel.

The beach down next to the small marina is delightful, a 10 minute walk or a 2 minute drive, and I heartily recommend a morning swim while staying there. We popped in to Little Current for dinner.

Reviewed 8 August 2020

I spent a few hours trying to find a place to stay at the last minute. My Friends Inn initially did not have any rooms. However, when I took a look a few hours later a trailer came up so I called to inquire. I spoke with Jan. A family had booked it for four days and then cancelled. It was more than enough for my husband and I for a night. It would have been great for a small family. It was small but had everything that a family would need and was a short walk to the beach in town. I think the price was reasonable as well. Jan also provided us with good advice that made our two days on the island more enjoyable. If I go back to the island, I will stay there again.

1  Thank Sterling98
Reviewed 3 August 2020 via mobile

Thought we were going to love this place. We booked three nights and because of weather decided to leave a day early. I let the owner know before five pm the previous night, to get within 24 hour rule. She said absolutely no refund as it should’ve been three. There is nothing written that it needs to be before three and she later said “well it was after five “, so she clearly doesn’t have a rule or a time set. (It was 4:30) DO NOT PAY upfront for your stay. She was rude and has a reputation of being cheap from the locals. It was a bad marketing decision as four friends asked me if they should stay there and I have said no unfortunately, as the unwillingness to discuss and attitude were not good. I was also told by her husband that the previous occupant of our room had been a homeless guy in quarantine. Guests don’t need to hear that information, doesn’t help the comfort level.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BettyAnne MacDougall, Owner at My Friends Inn Manitoulin, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2020

It's unfortunate that you were disappointed with your stay here. We have absolutely no control over the weather, and yes - the fine print does specify that we require 24 hours notice of a cancellation, and you were not able to provide that. Your comments about being rude and cheap are just that - a rude, cheap shot because you did not get your way. We provided many over the top extras for you including arranging the repair of your bicycle tire twice at no cost to you, putting in a desktop fan for your personal issues (night sweats). We also brought in live singer/song writer as you had expressed an interest in indigenous country music. And one of our staff was hospitable enough to invite you to her home for an evening fire - another entertainment request on your part. As for your quarantine comment - Yes - we support our community. We offered accommodation for those needing to self-isolate, and this was many weeks before your arrival. Your safety was never an issue and your comments are out of line. But we would be happy to offer you a free night's stay the next time you are in the area in our effort to make this experience more pleasant for you. Reservation is required. Thank you.