Went btw march 15 and 22.
Best beach ever
Staff helpful....if you tip them
Food was pretty good for cuba
Restarants were great....service and food
Big restort for the amount of rooms it has
Quiet at night on luna side
Pools were nice
Great nightly shows
Great snokeling off the beach
No locals on beach
Dolphins next door to resort
Great layout and very easy to find everything
- the beach snackes was great food
-Very windy on beach too the point were the sand was wipping you therefore water was choppy too...wasn't enjoyable
-Room were gross...have never been updated and they were digny and stains everywhere (and we had the hoinneymoon package)
- The small of sewer in the room was overwhelming
- the water temperture was never consistant...hot cold hot cold....but like really sculling hot, like it burnt you
- you have to tip for everything...even chairs on the beach
- buffet food was the same all the time for lunch and diner...but at least it's good it just gets boring
- no watermelon and pinapple was hard and sour but maybe it's not in season i don't know. they just had alot of there fruit
- frozen drinks are not frozen.
- there are not enough seats in the buffet so if you show up 10 ins after it opens they will not let you in cuz it's full.
- lunch is at 1 and dinner is at 6:30...that was too late for us we were very hungry by the tie it opens
-if you bring sand into your rooms on your feet...the sand stays there....never swept.
- bed rock hard but big
- hole in ceiling of room and you could see outside (good thing it didn't rain)
- small red ant things covered the room...but didn't bite
- we had breakfast come to the room one morning but there are no table or chairs in the room so we had to eat on the bed and the crumbs were still there that nght :(
We talked to alot of people who have returned many many times to this resort and they love the place and yes if you pay around $650 it's worth it but it's not a 4 star just an average 3 star. I would rather pay an extra $200/person to go to a better restort next time.
All in all it was a good vacation but we will not go back for the reason of the gross rooms, bad water/shower temperture and windy beach made it unenjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four -Star All Inclusive Resort with 464 rooms. Located beachfront in Playa Esmeralda, on the northern coast of Holguin province, where visitors will be amazed by the dazzling superposition of blues and greens from the sea, sky and costal shrubbery. This hotel complex is surrounded by extensive green areas and offers a wide variety of services and attractions. Recommended for families, weddings, honeymoons and tourist groups.Guest Rooms464 rooms: 308 Standard, 108 Standard Ocean View, 30 Standard Superior Ocean View, 6 Junior Suite, 4 Suite, 8 Family Suite Ocean ViewDining7 Restaurants (A la Carta, Buffet), 6 Bars ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Melia Hotels APAC, Odigeo and Cancelon so you can book your Sol Rio de Luna y Mares reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Hotel Guardalavaca
- Sol Rio De Luna y Mares Resort