“Great food and atmosphere”
Review of Il Mercato

Il Mercato
Ranked #2 of 77 Restaurants in Bedford
Price range: USD 6 - USD 21
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Il Mercato - a truly authentico Italiano trattoria. Experience the very best of Italian food, wine and service. Our handmade dishes are made with passione, using the finest, freshest ingredients from Italian and local producers. Everything - from the music, the scenes, the focaccia to the gelato, even the pottery and lighting - are tutto Italiano!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We went there with friends because we know that it’s same people that own Amano in downtown Halifax. We thought Amano the food is great but very noisy so we thought let’s give it a try. The food was great as was the service and what was extra nice about it is they don’t have as many tables crammed together as Amano. So we could actually talk to one and other. I wish they would have had the warm beetroot salad on the menu, thankfully they have seafood pasta.

Date of visit: December 2017
1  Thank Bbabe123

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Went to this restorant this evening with my parents. The food was really good...but...this restaurant did not have vegan options offered. What it did have was a willingness on the staff's part to help make something vegan. However, when I go to a restaurant, I really don't want to build a meal. I would have liked to have had one or two options (not salad) to choose from but that wasn't available. I ended up with a salad with roasted vegetables on it eventually. So let me say, the service (thank you Rebecca) was excellent and the food was really tasty and well done (thank you to the chef). But it took a lot of work to find a simple meal and in the end it was still a sale. So I would ask the owners to reconsider their options and simply add a couple of actual vegan mains before claiming to make vegan offerings.

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank GigiCee
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

We were recently here for my daughters birthday dinner. The food was great, lots of options for the gluten free and the vegetarians in the family! Our server was super accommodating and she took the time to explain the gf options on the menu. It was a wonderful birthday celebration!

Date of visit: March 2018
1  Thank SonyaPineo
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

As stated its upper class food. Great service. I loved my fresh tastey food. The balsimic vinegar and bread were delucious. The main course delectable.

Date of visit: August 2017
1  Thank Ronald C
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I can’t say enough great things about this place. The service/server was fantastic and we took most of his recommendations with wine and food. We enjoyed a great evening and loved the food. It was fresh and absolutely delicious. It was a busy spot, not an empty seat in the house!! Not a great place for a quiet date night if that is what you are looking for. We will be back for sure, we loved it.

Date of visit: January 2018