All reviews yogurt hotel restaurant view of the lake crepes bread dining room walled town large room old building surrounding area is beautiful city great spot spent a week both nights asked how eating breakfast breakfast was included
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Stayed here 2 nights to start off our trip. Hotel is in a great location in the old town with a few convenient free parking spots. Very easy to walk all over town and even to the Coop grocery store just down the street. Beautiful building inside and out. Staff was very helpful with all of my questions. Everyone we came across was very kind and friendly.

Room was located on 2nd floor with a lovely view of the street. The room was super clean with nice bathroom amenities. No AC, but not really necessary as there was a fan in the room and we slept with the window open without issue. Breakfast was not included with our reservation, but the lounge had complimentary coffee and tea every morning which was very nice with good variety. We did not eat at the restaurant, but had drinks on the lovely terrace. Beer, wine, atmosphere and the restaurant staff were all fantastic. Hopefully we get another chance to visit here in the future!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2018

We had room 70, a large room on the lake with a humongous terrace and great views. We were able to leave the door open all night and no insects bothered us. Decor a little old-style but immaculately clean bedding and towels.
The room was near the dining room and I was worried it would be loud but we didn’t hear any noise.
Big bathroom with jacuzzi and good toiletries however the hairdryer is not strong and won't dry your hair if it is thick. Fortunately we travel with one.
Front desk very pleasant and helpful. We had left a cellphone in the hotel we had last stayed at and they called for us to tell them we would come back to pick it up the next day.
Nice family-run hotel where they really care. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2018

After a nice bike ride we were looking forward in having a nice meal at this lovely restaurant. Unfortunately the food was very disappointing. I ordered Egli Filet which I should've returned straight away. The filleted fish (so it was advertised) were full of bones. It took me such a long time as I had to take every little bone out. After five minutes I was still on the first piece (8 pieces) so by that time my whole meal was cold and anything but enjoyable. Even the taste wasn't anything special. My partners curry dish was very average too. I told the young woman in a really nice way and she just argued with me that that kind of fish has bones....and that was it.
It's a beautiful place but unfortunately I would never return there for a meal again.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Ariste J, Inhaber at Hotel Murtenhof & Krone, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2018

Dear Mrs. K
Sorry for your bad luck. You can always ask for changing your plate if it does not fit with your taste. As our perch does not have a lot of bones and the reaction I will double check with our Team of cours. It is a pitty you did not mentionned it to your head of Service as we all had been there.
Kind regards Family Joachim

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

This place is amazing! And...our server Ms. Pfeiffer especially amazing! She took care of us through the whole meal, leading us off with a most delicious local (hard to find elsewhere) wine, and ending is with an outstanding Mirabelle digestif! What great service-we will be coming back for sure!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Ariste J, Inhaber at Hotel Murtenhof & Krone, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2018

Dear Family B.

We really enjoyed your interest and fabulous reply. I read your comment to her - our head of service and she was very pleased and got now more motivation for the upcomming season!

Thank you so much and see you again in Murten!

Family Joachim

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

What an amazing place Hotel Murten is, to just sit & watch the world go by. Their beautiful terraces (indoor & outdoor) have wonderful uninterrupted views of the lake, which was like a mirror today. We had delicious apple pie, which was just heaven on a plate, and hot chocolate/lattes. Murten is so, so pretty, and well worth a visit.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Grace M
Ariste J, Inhaber at Hotel Murtenhof & Krone, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Mrs. Grace M!

Thank you so much for your wonderful lines and blooming descriptions. This is pure motivation for our Team. With pleasure we will inform our staff and hope to see you soon again.

Greetings from the three lakes area

Family Joachim & Team