“Good food but overpriced”
Review of To Archondiko

To Archondiko
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Areopoli
Reviewed 23 July 2017 via mobile

We visited the place because some locals told so.

My wife liked the food i didnt so much for the proce offered.

Reccommendations...

The spaghetti was awesome,
Great sauce,

The local cheese was too rough for my taste
The salad with parmesan is a mux, some might like its bitter taste
Lunch for 43 euros

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We chose the place on a very hot dat as it was the coolest of the rest. Located just behind the village church on a pedestrian street, the scenery was traditional and a good choice for a relaxed dinner. We tried stuffed tomatoes with rice and herbs, really good, different kinds of traditional spaghetti recipes, also good, and salads. Overall a nice choice with good prices.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

As the salads are so good in (at least this part of) Greece we have gotten into the habit of sharing a salad as starter but the salad we had here topped them all. Lettuce, dried fig, walnuts, tomato were principal ingredients all contained in a crispy parmesan basket. Would have made an excellent main course and indeed put our actual main courses (grills) in the shade.

Reviewed 4 November 2016

Visited in August / September 2016, I ate early in the evening around 8 and were the first ones to be served. Remember locals and Greeks have dinner later.

Very accommodating staff, most serving staff knew English and with my pigeon Greek we got everything that we ordered.

I choose this restaurant as it had a couple of dishes which the other restaurants near by did not cook.

The restaurant is tucked away from the main drag and is opposite the church. Do not expect fast service, remember you are in Greece and they all operate on GMT (Greek maybe time). Just enjoy the ambiance, relax and wait for the food to come. The dishes are very large, refrain from ordering too much.

I had the pork chop in the fig sauce which was very delicious, struggled to finish it, but we did order lots of starters as well. My other half did have the other chop in the onion and white sauce which was equally as nice.

Our meal was expensive in comparison to the other restaurants, but for me it served dishes we ate which the other did not. The portions were large and they did offer to put the remaining in a doggy bag.

Reviewed 30 October 2016 via mobile

We went there on a long weekend. Very slow service. The table was positioned very close to the door and it was very annoying. The food was ok but nothing special.

1  Thank Ioanna A