TripAdvisor
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
Sunrise Resort(Buckhorn)
Travelocity
All reviewshot tubget awaypaddle boatssteakbuckhorn lakehydro bikescross country skiingcottage countrywater bikesfrench toastgas fireplacewonderful weekendwest windchef brianindoor poolsalmonexcellent food
Reviewed 5 August 2008

This is a charming inn with lovely views. The staff are friendly, the facility is clean and the food is very good.
The pool is especially excellent.
I would highly recommend this facility for a couples getaway.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 August 2008

We husband and I decided to stay somewhere quiet at the end of a long and hectic trip. We stayed for 3 days in the separate cottage and had a wonderful room with a balcony. The whole area was so quiet and peaceful you could hear birds singing, see beavers and otters playing in the lake - quite remarkable. The staff went out of their way to be helpful and make us feel welcome and at home. The food was excellent, the dining room looked out over the lake and we were left to enjoy the surroundings and not hurried away from our table. We loved our time here and didn't want to leave but we had a plane to catch and had to come home. We would defifnitely stay here again. Thank you everyone for making our stay so memorable.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2008

I discovered Westwind Inn at resorts Ontario website under "spas".
I had to write a quick note - My husband and I stayed for 4 days last week( July 8-11 ) and I am still smiling!! A resort with wonderfully friendly, knowledgeable staff who did not interupt our privacy. The rooms in the inn are very nice with balconys -not huge, however the resort is so representive of northern Canada we were rarely in our room. Hiking, swiming ( in the lake or their pool- which was so appreciated since the Lake was a little weedy this year due to zebra mussels effect ) but that made the fishing very succesful, :) We rented their motor boat for a day and both caught small mouth and large mouth bass. We took a wonderful 3 km canoe ride ( canoe provided by the resort) through this gorgeous lake and its interesting side bays . Two of the nights I had a perfectly timed massage- right at the resort. All meals are delish and in a restaurant over looking the lake .
WOW if you are looking, check these wonderful people out.

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed 10 July 2008

July 9/08 We just returned from a five day vacation. This is an adult resort and we found it to be very, very relaxing. The activities included were canoeing, kayacking, paddle boats, water bicycles, new swimming pool, hot tub, sauna, mini putt, hammocks for two and last but not least beautiful views of lower Buckhorn Lake.
The food was excellent and the staff was very accomodating. The rooms were quiet.
Perry P and Cathy M

Reviewed 24 March 2008

Extreemly over priced! There is a dining room but it wasn't open. Also a lounge...not open! The floors creep unbelievably, kept awake til after midnight. Could even hear the person above unrolling the toilet paper. The building was in need of a reno about 10 yrs ago. We were up at 8, no coffee or staff to be found. Finally left resort at 8:45 in search for coffee and breakfast.
I had planned a surprise romantic evening for my husband, looking for something diffrent to do.
Wish they had of told me ahead of time that there would be no food or ANYTHING to do. I would surely have taken my $185 elseware.
I cannot believe this is part of Resorts Ontario!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank pwickett
itsirk, owner at Westwind Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2008

What a strange complaint!

Our dining room was open as our rates include meals.

We had many guests as "Sadley" said... and our rates include a lovely dinner and full hot breakfast.

However, "Sadley" booked "room only" no meals. They were quoted the all inclusive rate but I guess they were on a budget and requested a lower price rate with no meals.

Breakfast is served only to those on a meal package either full or Bed & Breakfast and not open to the public. There are no prices on the menu and no one is at the cash register.

We serve fresh fruit, juices, coffee, pancakes, eggs, sausage, ham, bacon, homefries, french toast, eggs benedict, cheese filled omlettes....muffins... granola... yogurt...

Often on weekends people like to sleep in and breakfast does not start until 9:00 a.m. if that is what the guests request.

We are fully licenced and anyone at front desk or in the dining room is happy to serve drinks to our guests. We do not have a bartender sitting behind the bar .... most of the time guests have a drink at or just before dinner in the dining room.