“Interesting and lovely wine and great coffee”

Murrumbateman Winery
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 21 November 2016

We stopped as part of our wide tour. Bobbie told us a lot about the history of the winery and how he makes his wife. We had a lovely antipasto platter for lunch. I have not recommended it for small children only because they might be concerned about the dogs, but if your kids love dogs it won't be a problem. Great coffee! !

Reviewed 30 August 2016

This is a place I have driven past so many occasions, each time I telling myself "I need to visit that Winery" and last weekend I finally did.
Bobbie greeted us upon arrival, he owns the Winery and was very lovely and passionate about his job.
We tried/tested several wines and were explained in detail about what each of the wines had to offer and about how they came to be - this was very helpful in choosing a final wine to sit down with in the sun, I enjoyed the Riesling. We complemented our wines with a cheese platter which was beautiful and Mollie and Tannin the vineyards dogs made us very welcomed by playing fetch with us.
We finished our time off with a taste of each of the wineries Port. They make the only while Port in the Canberra region - it smells like Christmas cake and tastes like heaven - They were just beautiful and we left with 3 bottles!
I will definitely be visiting here again, its a lovely little winery an the owners are very genuine lovely people.

1  Thank Corinne L
Reviewed 3 August 2016

We visited here on a Saturday afternoon and completed a wine tasting, with cheese plates and a glass of wine. The owners were very friendly, and the wine tasting was great. Some lovely wines here, we ended up buying a few. The platter was also a good size, and we enjoyed this with a glass of the Sav. Overall, it was a good experience. However, I would add the following - the property requires some work to bring it up to the presentation standards of other in the area / what you would usually expect from a vineyard. Also, there are a few dogs around - this is fine but they shouldn't be inside where there is food.

1  Thank TravellerNZ101
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

Not too much needs to be said about this absolutely fabulous winery and its dynamic young owners - Bob Makin and Jennifer Lawrence.

* Fabulous wines crafted by Bob
* Amazing (and I do mean amazing ) scones
* Super cheese and antipasto plates
* Innovative and fun wine events !

Don't miss this winery which boast the oldest vines in the area

Reviewed 2 July 2016 via mobile

This is one of the few places I have visited that has a dog to greet you. Molly the dog is friendly and the owners are equally as great too.

The winery is nice and has a sign reading "winery and restaurant" on the arch. The home grown and made wines are great (so I heard, I don't drink) but there are only two options for food. There are scones and a cheese platter. The food is delicious but the place serves afternoon tea more than restaurant food. However, still worth a visit.

2  Thank Kah L