Papillon by Rex Resorts
Bay Gardens Hotel(Rodney Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 128*
USD 323*
Coco Palm Resort(Rodney Bay)(Great Value!)
USD 355*
USD 133*
blu St Lucia(Gros Islet)
USD 156*
USD 147*
Travelocity
USD 299*
USD 234*
The Ginger Lily Hotel(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
USD 180*
Stephanie's Hotel(Gros Islet)
USD 72*
Travelocity
Coco Palm(Gros Islet)(Great Value!)
USD 134*
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsbeach grillthe oriental restaurantsmall resortsteak sandwichair canadarooftop barmonarch restaurantate at the italianst luciaa la carte restaurantsland and sea tourrex resortwater pressurebeautiful islandwalk into townegg stationrecommend this resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

we just spent 5 days here with another family. Just outside the gate is a huge variety of restaurants and 2 small malls. We felt very safe walking around. The resort was very clean and Vernon behind the pool bar was Awesome-he makes a great Margharita!
Would recommend the segway tour.

Room Tip: Rooms 103-108 are first floor with balcony and beach view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
PapGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Papillon by Rex Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

The Papillon by Rex Resorts team would like to thank you for sharing your vacation experience on trip advisor.
I will be sure to share your kind sentiments with Vernon and know that this will help future guests to know just what Papillon offers.
We are indeed close to all the amenities of the Rodney Bay Village.
We look forward to welcoming you back as one of our valued returning guests.

Regards,

Menalick Felix
Guest Relations Manager

I stayed for 5 days just after New Years. Old, ugly pool area, food repetitive
and boring. The wait staff really friendly and hard working but the food servers are not friendly. My room was fine and the housekeepers lovely, friendly and did a nice job. Seriously the pool area looks like something out of the communist era. There is little to no beach, all the chairs jammed up against each other and a really ugly wall. And to top it off when you check in you are given a laminated card to show to get beach towels. I brought my own towel but one day it was wet so I decided to get a beach towel. Not clearly understanding the RIDICULOUS rule about towels I handed the card in. Returned my towel at the end of the day when I was supposed to. On the day I checked out the woman at the front desk...I think possibly the Head person actually charged me $25 US dollars for losing the card. Well I didn't lose it, I handed it in and the towel guy didn't say differently. Seriously...a laminated piece of paper!!! 25 dollars, and I handed the damn towel in. What else would I do with the ugly polyester thing!! Honestly I would never stay there again....the action of the front desk was enough to turn me off forever! And it's not cheap. And more than a bit tired and rundown.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank fiducia

Thank you for posting your comments on TripAdvisor.
It is most unfortunate that we did not meet your expectations. I have read your comments on the food servers in restaurant. You are issued an towel token upon arrival, where you would change as you and upon checkout guests are advised to return coupon to avoid towel charges. We apologized if this may have inconvenienced you.
We appreciate your compliments pertaining to our housekeeping team doing a great job keeping your room clean daily.
Our service members in the other departments are also friendly, efficient and genuinely care about customer satisfaction.

Once,again thank you for choosing the Papillon by Rex. Hopefully you may reconsider a return visit, therefore allowing us another opportunity to making your stay with us a more positive experience.

Regards,

Menalick Felix
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Because of some of the negative reviews on here, I braced myself for a less that stellar experience, but this small gem of a resort had us pinching ourselves from the moment we arrived in our shuttle from the airport. Our room, and the resort, were super clean, and the people were super friendly and accommodating.

We were interested in a quiet, very chill vacation, so we got up early and went on walks along the beach and in the surrounding area with a coffee, and then went to breakfast. My husband never had a problem getting an omelette, there was plenty of breakfast food to choose from, and the service was always excellent. After breakfast, we would head to the beach or just grab a chair under the palm trees for some shade and a good read. We were able to swim (it was very calm in the bay on the first two days, but for the rest of the week it was more fun for those who enjoy a rougher sea, riding the waves.
Lunch was always good, usually with a choice of meat or fish and there was always fresh salad. Roti was offered on one day, fajitas on another. Dinner was also very good, I loved their sauces, and I love hot sauce so I used quite a bit of it at all three meals. Beef, chicken, lamb, goat, pork and fish were among the offerings, along with vegetables, starchy root vegetables, and fresh salad. I loved their mousse desserts, rice pudding, creme caramel, and cobblers. They did not have ice cream at the main buffet, but they did at the a la carte restaurants. We only went to the "Oriental" restaurant, and the food and service were very good.
Our days in the sun really tired us out, so we usually retired to our room after dinner. Noise was never an issue for us, but our room faced the pool patio, so maybe we were buffered from noise outside the resort.
I was pleasantly surprised by the wifi. We were able to video call our family as we soaked up the sun outside on the grounds, and I also downloaded a couple of books.
Maybe I would have liked an alternative pool without a bar, but it was a big pool, so the bar wasn't that difficult to avoid. The pool bar could get busy, but if I really wanted a drink, I could walk into the lobby to get served faster. Not really a big deal, but I am also not really a big drinker.
Overall I think this resort is excellent value for the money you spend, and the beach is incredibly beautiful.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have to say I was a little nervous reading some of the negative reviews of this resort before going. I had no need to! We were thoroughly impressed with the Papillon from first day to last day.

Neighbourhood: The area around the resort is safe compared to other places I've been. The small town is super close and they have quite a few shops to putter around in. Although it's pretty expensive ($7US for a carton of OJ and $6US for a bag of chips) and not too much different than home. We were surprised as how similar there grocery store was. Nothing really different and interesting.

Grounds/Beach and Pool: The grounds are very pretty. It's a small resort (150 rooms) so everything is close together and easy to get to. There are a few friendly cats roaming the resort who love attention. The pool is nice though not very deep. The beach is beautiful but just be careful, it does have some good waves and undertow at times. I didn't want to have to play the towel game but we did a few times. People tend to go out very early and claim chairs and then not come back for a few (or several) hours. Not fair, but if you can't beat 'em...

Rooms: We had a great room. I have heard some of them are not yet renovated. We did have a renovated room which was super clean and nice. We ended up with an ocean view we were not expecting so that was a bonus. The AC worked amazingly well and the water was always hot, although the shower head was a bit low for my liking. The beds were awesome! My friend and I slept like babies all week.

Food: I was pleasantly surprised and impressed by the food at this resort. It doesn't have the mass variety of the larger resorts but we always found something yummy to eat. The bacon and croissants at breakfast were the best! The beach grill had great fish and chips and was a nice change from the buffet. We tried out both restaurants and ended up going to the Italian one twice because the pizza was so good! Try the Farfalla. We liked the drinks from the bars. There is a huge menu of specialties but if you don't see it listed don't be afraid to ask.

Activities: We didn't see very many activities going on while we were there which was ok, we like doing our own thing. We did spend about half our time off the resort though, so we may have just missed them. But not the loud rowdy stuff around the pool all day like I'm used to at the big resorts. They had good water equipment and we liked the Hobie's. You can take them out yourself but the sports staff can also take you out for a spin.

Entertainment: Generally just one performer or someone taking song requests in the lobby. We liked it though and danced a few times. The evening entertainment takes place from 8:45 until no later than 10:15, so if you're a night owl you'll probably want to head into town after that.

Tours: We planned ahead and booked a private guide for a few day excursions. We used Island Man Taxi and could not have been more pleased. I highly recommend doing a private tour over the large excursions. It ended up being cheaper and a way better experience customized to our preferences. As an example, we went to the mud baths later in the day after all the tours had gone through. There were 6-8 people there. Our friends took the group tour a few days later and were crammed in with more than 100 people! Definitely the better choice. Plus, you're on your own schedule and not someone else's.

As others have mentioned, there are several bars directly behind the resort that play music very loud and late at night. I wrote in a few months ahead and requested a room further away from that section. We could still hear the bass from the bars and it was quite loud close to the door and outside the rooms but it didn't stop us from sleeping.

I recommend walking down to Marie's Fish Shack south along the beach. It's about as rustic as it comes, with no menu (just whatever they have or caught that day), no real hours and tables made out of pallets. It is a bit pricey though. We had one plate with Mahi Mahi, plantain and peppers and it was $20US. The locals hang out down there so it's a good spot to people watch and the snorkeling is good right out front.

And don't miss Spencer on the beach! He gives a fabulous massage and only $40US/hr.

The people working at the resort totally made this place. Everyone from the baggage guys, to the servers, bartenders and even the towel guy. They are all super nice and helpful. I can't remember all their names but I give kudos to every single one of them. Don't forget to show your appreciation by tipping the maid, servers and bar staff. I tipped the towel guy the last day. I'm sure he's often overlooked.

Your vacation is what YOU make of it. Take the negative reviews with a grain of salt. We got an amazing deal which was even better, but this trip would have still been totally worth it at a higher price.

St Lucia is so lovely. Go and enjoy!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cokechick21
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We just returned from the resort last night all I can say is that the staff and the resort met and exceeded our expectations.We had our room facing the pool the rooms were clean the staff were very attentive to what we needed.I felt safe to walk around the outside of the resort and around Rodney Bay during the day and explore, the locals were friendly the vendors you expect to encounter with a vacation were not to pushy or rude.I am planning on returning to this resort as it was very low key and relaxing.

Room Tip: Pool View is best first level easy access to grounds 24/7 security
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple