All reviewsreduit beachrichard michelinvirgin crewpool barst luciarex resortdeluxe suiteseparate showerbeach fronttwo sinksthe general managerturn down servicerodney bay areaair canadapigeon islandbeach vendorsall inclusive option
Reviewed 5 June 2018

I visited St. Lucia 7 years ago and stayed at a couples only resort, and this year we decided to go back, bring my inlaws and my 4 year old. We stayed at Royal St Lucia in mid April, and had a fabulous trip! The staff are really attentive, very helpful, and very good with my daughter. Our second last day my daughter was drawing a photo of the hotel and a staff member came by to say hi. My daughter gave her the photo as a gift and she posted it in a frame at the front desk. Well this made my daughter's trip. It's the little things that mean a lot.

The food was great, resort was quiet, so it made for a quiet pool and beach area. The pool bar was very nice spot to hang out and we wished it was opened later in the evening.

I have and would recommend this resort for couples and families that want to relax and de-stress. I am already thinking of my return to this beautiful island.

Thank You!

Room Tip: Ground floor is best because you get a walkout room!
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
RoyalStLuciaResort, Sales and Marketing Manager at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Good day Stephanie

Thank you for your review and for your kinds words and the time you took to share them with us. It is great to hear, that your family and yourself have enjoyed your experience with us. Rest ensured, that we will take your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure continued personal service and warm welcome for your next visit.

Than you again and we certainly look foward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

We spent a week at the Royal St.Lucia on the all inclusive package with Air Canada from Toronto, first time in St. Lucia. Great place to relax and de-stress.
Like all places, there are both positives and negatives to the entire stay.
Positives
The hotel isn't that large so not much walking to reach anywhere and the location to Rodney Bay is close. It's a 10 min walk into Rodney Bay where you will find 2 shopping malls and several choices to eat.
Even though they kept saying they were at capacity (more about that later) we felt like we were the only guest at the hotel. we had no issues ever finding a hut on the beach and at the restaurants for all meals we had only about 4 other tables occupied.
The food is good and tasty and we always found something to eat.
They provide service right on the beach which was fantastic! Drinks, snacks, lunch.....it really helped.
The resort was clean and beautiful at night.
The rooms are spacious and clean with a turndown service every night that comes with delicious cookies!
On our anniversary they gifted us a bottle of champagne and the most divine tasting brownies I've ever had.
We took part in the land and sea tour excursion which was great!
The customer service throughout the resort was supberb with the exception of the reception desk ironically.

Negatives
Theres only one or two negatives we can say and in my opinion. The first one is a big one!. Even though we requested higher floor room at the time of booking, we were given a first floor room and while the location was great and it had a lovely view, we did find cockroaches. The giant ones! We complained straightaway but were told the best they can do is fumigate our room since they were at capacity (mind boggling to me). They also said it was normal for first floor rooms and it would've been better on the second floor. If you know it's a problem, they need a better solution as guests do not pay as much as they do to be sleeping with cockroaches. It adds a layer of anxiety that is not needed on vacation. It's absolutely absurd! We spoke to other guests as well that received the same response and were appalled as well. I've never found cockroaches in my room on any vacation on any Caribbean island.
The second isn't too much of the resorts fault but the beach vendors are like vultures at all hours of the day. They're relentless and do not stop! Theres security on the beach but they dont seem to get involved until its escalated. I understand a couple times a day but its non stop for the most part and annoying. I will say that it's generally safe and we had no issues with any theft what do ever and felt comfortable leaving our stuff while we swam.

St.Lucia is truly beautiful but also extremely expensive. If you do it travel on an all inclusive package you will need quite a bit of money to get you by. I would only return on an all inclusive package as I dont think I'd be able to afford paying out of pocket for the meals 3x a day as everything is overpriced.

Overall, good stay and great learning experiences too!

5  Thank MissIngridZ

Dear Valued Guest

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Royal St.Lucia Resort and Spa. It is always a pleasure to receive our guest feedback regarding their resort experiences.

We have noted your kind comments on our resort accommodations, food and customer service. We strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We are happy to know that our team was able to make your stay a great experience.

We deeply apologize for your negative experience. We are currently taking all necessary precautions and pest-control procedures to ensure that this does not repeat itself and we will continue to work very hard to ensure that all aspects of the Royal St.Lucia Resort and Spa meet our customers’ needs.

Again thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you will consider returning to the resort in the future and we certainly look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a reasonably quiet all inclusive resort. Quiet is a good description for this resort there were few people here. The staff were quite friendly, special mention for Kasha who went out of her way to provide excellent service. The room was good, food ranged from Ok to great. The property could use at least one more dining venue. The dinner at Chic was great. Issues included a wedding reception in part of the main dining room that had extremely loud music. I had one issue with undercooked steak (asked for well done and got rare).
Although we would recommend the resort, it would not be our first choice for a return visit.

1  Thank travelforme2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience of our hotel here on tripadvisor.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. We appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with other travelers. As service from the heart is our key focus, I will certainly share you positive comments with our team for further encouragement;

We are pleased to hear your comments on our team members as we place a lot of effort in training to ensuring warm and personlized service towards our guests. It is a great joy for us to see that Kasha's effort was very much appreciated.

We are sorry to learn about the challenges you faced during your stay with us. We apologise that we were not able to live up to that expectations. We will carefully analyze your provided details to evaluate according actions. Rest ensured that we will spare no effort to ensure top quality and service experience.

Thank you very much and we look forward to welcome you again soon in the near future

Warm regards,

Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

First time in St.Lucia and I can honestly say the rooms were a beautiful surprise. Very spacy with a living room sitting area. We had the all inclusive package and the food was always tasty and beautifully prepared. All Staff are incredible! Very friendly and a lot of fun. Daniela, Troy and Tracey are only but a few to mention here whom we made friends with during our stay. We did test the spa for a massage which was incredible! Again a wonderful surprise. This beautiful resort is gem in Rodney bay for those who want to relax and recharge. I would agree that having some Caribbean music at the bar would be so much more fun while having some drinks as another review commented.
Thank you so much Royal St. LUCIA for making my first experience here such a memorable one.

A definite place to for any first timers!

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our property. Your comments are very much valued. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and meals with us.

Your positive comments about our team members is well appreciated as we place a lot of effort in training to ensuring warm and personlized service towards our guests, it is a great joy for us to see that Daniella, Troy and Tracey's effort was very much appreciated. Rest ensured, that it will find as well its internal recognition as we take your comments for further encouragement within the team to ensure personal service and warm welcome for your next visit.

We are always please to see the outcome of our efforts. Thank you very much again for your recommendations and for your positive comments! and we certainly look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I came to the Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa with my mum and my dad for a week. It was perfect.
The weather was 30 degrees upwards each day. So much to do here but I just stayed by the pool and on the beach.
The deluxe suite I had was amazing. It was 10 out of 10.
The bar, pool, beach was amazing. Loved it here.

A suggestion i have is to change the menu occasionally and also offer an ‘All inclusive’ option when choosing to stay here.

Will definitely come back one day. I’d definitely recommend staying here. The staff are very friendly and welcoming.

Thank you for making my caribbean holiday experience 5***** stars :-)

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
RoyalStLuciaResort, Guest Relations Manager at Royal St Lucia Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2018

Thank you for reviewing the Royal St. Lucia Resort & Spa.
We are delighted to know you had a wonderful stay at our resort as well as your parents . Thanks for your positive feedback on our staff, our services and the facilities.
Feel free to speak with one of our representative when making your next booking as we can offer you the "All inclusive" option.
It was a pleasure having you accommodated at the Royal St. Lucia Resort & Spa and we thank you for making us your hotel choice in Saint Lucia.

Best Wishes