Open today: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Review Highlights
Amazing Experience

After attending the one night workshop hosted by Ari, I can honestly say that this was one of the... read more

Reviewed 29 August 2022
BraedenW123
Awesome

Having wanted to try Astro photography for a long time, I attended a workshop with Ari the other... read more

Reviewed 7 November 2020
824rahm

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 May 2018

Ari’s Milky Way workshop was fantastic. If you’re passionate about night photography, love the outdoors & connecting with others under the stars in Namadgi National Park then this workshop is for you.
After meeting Ari for the first time you notice straight away his enthusiasm for these workshops & the people who have joined. Ari is genuinely a nice person, who showed complete interest in both your photography, skill level & other interests. Ari has the knowledge to share, he has been photographing the stars around Canberra for 6+ years & knows all the great spots. Being shown Ari’s special spot in Namadgi National Park is nearly worth the price of the workshop itself & I know that you will get back to that area as soon as practicable (I know that I did).
After a 40 minute drive we arrived in Namadgi, Ari was enthusiastic in helping setting up our cameras in order to shoot some amazing Milky Way compositions. Ari is a great talker & teacher. Ari explains his art in easy to understand instructions & I am sure that even if you’re a complete novice, before the end of the night you will have compositions of the stars you never imagined you could take.
Ari’s workshop went for 5 hours & if each participate didn’t have to work the next day, I am sure it could of have went for another 5 hours. Ari showed us how to compose, shoot star trails, time long exposures, light painting, how to utilise a star tracker & provided us with enough information for us to follow up our Milky Way photography in the future. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Ari’s MW workshops. There is nearly nothing like visiting a park at night & seeing with your own eyes the grand vision of the stars. In Canberra we are lucky to be so close to areas with nil light pollution & it’s perfect for you to expand your photography. Though beware, during the winter months it can be cold in Namadgi & I suggest you really rug up – ensure you bring hand, feet & camera warmers. Gloves, beanie, scarf, the biggest jacket that you can find & a thermos are a given. Have fun!

Date of experience: May 2018