All reviews small hotel open fire comfortable room friendly welcome aviemore area cooked to perfection a wonderful stay short break three nights full scottish breakfast porridge loch alvie fires steven lounge dog drambuie
Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We went for dinner here on Saturday night. The service was fantastic and the food was outstanding. Fresh and tasty ingredients - totally faultless. I cannot wait to come back. I had the soup to start and the burger as a main.

The only downsides to this restaurant is that it doesn’t do lunch and the decor is a wee bit dated. I’m really clutching at straws trying to find a complaint - it’s a brilliant restaurant.

I recommend you visit the restaurant when very hungry as the portions were a bit big.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EzzaH16
Reviewed 7 November 2017

We had a night here and it was wonderful. Log fires to greet you as you enter, cosy atmosphere, drawing rooms to sit and relax in. The food was wonderful in the evening and also at breakfast. The staff are incredibly efficient and friendly, our breakfast waitress Katie, did a briliant job attending to all aspects in the hotel. Lovely walks around the hotel too.

Room Tip: We had a room over the road which was rather noisy but the traffic slows off in the later evening. The room a little small.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2017

Booked a table for two last weekend for this Saturday night for my mums birthday. Although I was not there she has raved about it since she got back. Having visited the Rowan Tree for a wedding and for dinner I understand why she loves this place so much. She said the food was delicious and the service was warm and friendly, also confirmed by the friend she was dining with.
When I stopped by to book the table the lady was very friendly and accommodating.
I would very much recommend this hotel to others and will be definitely be returning myself.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

We had our wedding reception at the rowan tree hotel and from start to finish the hotel and staff were amazing. We stayed 2 nights and our room was very comfortable. The food was absolutely amazing and such big portions. We got married at loch morlich and arrived back at the hotel earlier than planned but they were very accommodating and we were made to feel very relaxed. We will definitely be back in the future.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Had a wonderful meal in this restaurant which was freshly made, beautifully cooked and well presented - the taste was wonderful so much so we went back a second time within a few days and again were not disappointed. Definitely worth a visit without question.

Room Tip: Didn't stay here only ate in restaurant
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends