Open today: 6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Review Highlights
Lovely visit

Fun place to visit even if you are not surfing, it’s great fun to watch the surfers whilst you have... read more

Reviewed 4 days ago
Wombling_Free_7548
Bristol, United Kingdom
via mobile
Thoroughly recommend!

Booked for my son’s birthday. From arrival to ending the whole experience was smooth and very... read more

Reviewed 15 April 2024
tiptopspot
Somerset, United Kingdom

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews beginner lesson car park surfing experience changing facilities beginners class surf coaches great facilities fantastic place birthday present haven t on site burger session surfers intermediate wetsuits board
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 January 2020

the coach was really nice and helped me out a lot. it was a really fun experience and it felt almost like i was actually in the sea. they also had nice warm showers for when you get out..the only downside was that the changing rooms are outside and it gets really cold whilst you're getting changed. definitely want to come back!!!!!!!!!!!! unless the water is warm i wouldn't advise staying in more than an hour

Date of experience: January 2020
1  Thank esmethecat
TheWaveBristol, Guest Relations Manager at The Wave, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2020

Thank you for your review, it's so great to hear that you had such an awesome time with us. We're so pleased you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Wave soon.

Reviewed 3 January 2020 via mobile

We went to watch my son having a surfing lesson the he received as a birthday present. The website stated that you had to be there 90 mins before the lesson however when we arrived 90 mins before my son was told to come back 30 mins before the lesson so what was all that about? The synical side of me thinks that it was so that we could spend lots of money in the shop/cafe. I ordered a coffee in the cafe only to be told that there was a 20 min wait for coffee as there was only 1 machine working. I was offered a filter coffee as an alternative but it was horrible so I waited 20 mins for the proper coffee! There is a very long walk from the car park to the waves which is fine for fit people but some spectators will find this difficult - there is supposed to be a shuttle every 15 mins but we didn’t see one. My son enjoyed his lesson although he didn’t get many goes. As spectators we had to pay for tickets but there were no seats so what were we paying for? I had to perch on a post which was not comfortable! It is clearly a good concept and very popular and I appreciate that it is relatively new but needs quite a few refinements.

1  Thank Liz D
Reviewed 3 January 2020

Friendly staff and nice cafe, overall a fun experience. Unfortunately it wasn't mentioned that after 5 waves on the advanced wave you were kicked out of the session if you couldn't stand up. £40 is a lot for 5 waves/ roughly 20 mins! We also paid £5 for a spectator pass only to find that everyone was being allowed in for free! Overall poor value for money and a shame they weren't upfront about the '5 goes and you're out' policy

2  Thank cpar3
Reviewed 31 December 2019 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed my beginner surf session. Very friendly coaches (thanks to Will Nik and Charlotte) who were attentive knowledgeable and friendly throughout. The water was 7degrees but excellent quality wetsuit provided meant it was not a problem. Water was clean and clear and looked beautiful with the waves. Coffee area and facilities clean and pleasant. Yes there may be a few little housekeeping issues... lockers confusion being one. But overall an enjoyable day and I would book again

Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

I can see how people will find this wave fun, but what I found it quite intense and left within feeling the stoke that you get from a fun session with your buddies at the beach.

The problem for me was that you don’t get to chose when to take off, which for me meant once you have paddled back into position you have to go again. This is great for your wave count, but for me meant I didn’t have time to get myself mentally ready to go, meaning you feel pressured to take waves that you might not be ready for.

I will go back again though and hopefully next time I will enjoy it more.

1  Thank DrCording