All reviews palapa bar ben cruz atm cave mayan ruins horseback riding every morning yoga deck zip lining on site daily specials goat cheese owners and staff san pedro wonderful hosts packed lunch the open air restaurant belize city
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed at Mystic River Resort at the end of May and enjoyed our time there very much. The owners, Nadege and Tom, and their staff made sure we had a wonderful visit to their resort. They arranged our tours and sent along lemon water for us, made sure our rooms always had fresh towels and had tea and coffee delivered to our room in the morning to enjoy on the balcony. It was a vacation with adventure and relaxation. The tour guides, Ben and Lloyd, were great and very informative. The resort grounds and spa area are beautiful and tranquil. We hope to be able to visit Mystic River Resort again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
MysticRiverResort, Owner at Mystic River Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Hello Mary,
The pleasure was all ours! We thoroughly enjoyed having you with us and we hope you can come back again in the future. Take care and have a great day.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My friend and I stayed at Mystic river resort from June 4th- june 8th 2014 and everything about it was fabulous! The moment we arrived Miss Nadege, the owner (who is absolutely the sweetest lady ever) greeted us and showed us our room. She was very attentive to when we wanted to schedule our tours and if there was anything we needed in the room. We did an all-inclusive package which I would recommend to anyone. The meal plan includes everything on their delicious menu, which was very nice considering a lot of resorts in the area have a pre-fix menu for their meal plans. The food rivals that of any 5star restaurant I have ever eaten at.

As for the tours, we were so lucky as to have Mr Ben Cruz with us on both our tour of Caracol, and also our excursion to the ATM cave. Ben Cruz was just as personable as Miss Nadege. Ben was incredibly knowledgeable about everything that had to do not only with the cave and Mayan history, but also the entire Cayo district of belize such as plants and wild life. In the cave, we got to take our time and he told us all about the formations and the ceremonies performed in the cave by the Maya. This may not sound that great, but when we realized other groups with there guides were passing us because they simply were not taking the time to really appreciate the cave, I realized just how great Ben is at what he does. Out of everything we did, the ATM cave was my favorite...possibly surpassing the diving we did at Hol Chan. If you are going to Belize, the ATM cave is a must!!!

And last but not least, all the staff at the resort was also awesome. They all made sure we were colorable and the bar tender stayed up late with us :)

final thoughts: I wish i never had to leave.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Hello Danielle,
Thank you for such kind words and for taking the time to write a review for us. I am glad all your expectations were met and that you had such a fabulous time here with us. We look forward to your next visit! Take care and have a great day.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We fell in love with this place from the website and the reviews so I was very hopeful that we'd made the right choice. We were not disappointed. What a beautiful setting and all the love that went into putting it together was obvious. We stayed here 3 nights in May 2014 and wished that we had planned to stay longer. There was so much to see and do in this area plus the food and service were exceptional. We will definitely return for a longer stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Mimi,
The please was all ours! It was an honour to have you choose Mystic River Resort for your Belize Vacation and I am so happy to read that you were not disappointed! Thank you. We look forward to having you come stay with us again in the future. Take care and have a great day.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I spent our 35th anniversary at Mystic River Resort. We did not know what to expect when we reserved four nights at a resort in the Belize Rain Forrest, but we were hoping for a special time. We had an experience we will never forget. Nadege and Tom were great host. The staff was exceptional. The food was wonderful. Our guide, Ben Cruz, that took us to the Mayan ruins was experienced, knowledgeable and friendly, he knew the history of the area and the history of the Mayan people. We learned a lot from him. The River Suite we stayed in is indescribable. The views from the suite are unbelievable.

Mystic River Resort is a very special, unbelievable place; If you are looking for a quiet, serene location to relax and enjoy the company of your loved one and nature this is the place. We are already making plans to return.

Lisa and Michael Creech

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Michael and Lisa,
I am so happy that you had such a great time with us and that you are making plans to come back. We get a lot of return customers which means a lot to us. We must be doing something right. Thank you for sharing your experiences on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your next visit. Take care and have a great day.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Let me start by saying a huge thank you to Nadege and Tom, the owners! We stayed at Mystic River in March, 2014, when we celebrated our anniversary with a vow renewal at Cahal Pech. I emailed the resort last minute looking for help planning our vow renewals and Nadege responded right away. I explained that we were looking for a "turn key" experience. We wanted to just show up and have all of the details taken care of. The reality when we arrived was everything we could dream of and more. The grounds were beautiful and the staff were phenomenal. My husband and I felt like family during our entire stay. On the day of the ceremony they arranged for someone to help me get ready for our "second" big day, and a justice of the peace and photographer met us at the site. Nadege even personally drove us to the site. Did I mention the beautiful bouquet they designed from flowers found on the property? It was gorgeous! When we returned to our room there was a bottle of champagne and ceviche compliments of Tom and Nadege with a sweet card. Our bedroom was decorated with flowers of all kinds and beautiful towels arranged as swans. So romantic! If I could change anything....well I wouldn't! The experience was amazing! The food was spectacular and the view of the Macal River off our patio was breathtaking. Thanks for making us feel right at home!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JE_travels_11

Working on making your dreams of a fabulous wedding, honeymoon, vow renewals or just a plain vacation is what we do best at Mystic River Resort so I am especially happy to read that everything was to your liking and your expectations were met. Thank you for writing such a nice review for us. We look forward to your return at Mystic River Resort. Take care and have a great day.