“Valentines day treat”
Review of The Goa

The Goa
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

After having many takeaways for here we decided to give dining in the restaurant a try for valentines night. As it was a Wednesday we had a choice of ordering from the normal menu or going with the £11.95 p/h banquet special. We went with the banquet which included starter, main, rice and bread of our choice. I went with the lamb madras and my partner the bombay special. The dishes were plentiful with lots of flavour and good cuts of meat. The naans were beautiful. For starters I had the chicken puri and my partner the mixed kebab. Again the portions were huge. My puri bursting with chicken and with flavour. We asked for what was left to be bagged up and a nice touch was the extra poppodaums chucked in that I'm about to tuck into the staff from the moment we walked through the door were attentive and friendly but not too much so that would make you feel interrupted. I consider myself a bit of a curry expert and the one friends come to for a good recommendation for Indian food. I will from now on only recommend this place. 5 star. Oh and price wise.. 2 starter, 2 main, 2 rice, 2 naan, poppodaum, chips, 4 pints of kingfisher... £37.80. Thank you to all the staff who made valentines day so special for us. We will be back ... a lot x

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant on a recommendation after moaning about the sad demise of good Indian restaurants in Yarm. We had tried others in Stockton and Middlesbrough but all were only ok.
Goa is a hidden gem.
From the moment we walked in the service couldn’t have been better and we were given some complimentary Pakora while we were waiting for our food to be cooked. When the food arrived, the Railway Curry was amazing. Really tender lamb in a beautiful thick sauce with potatoes. Our other dish which was the Goa special was full of the most tender and perfectly cooked king prawns (a tricky thing to get right) in a tasty fresh sauce. The rice and Nan bread were also very tasty and fresh. Everything seemed as it had just been cooked and not standing around as in some other places we have been to. A bottle of water was provided and we had a couple of good beers.
Parking is easy and convenient.
All in all a very enjoyable experience which we will be repeating.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

We ordered a take-away for 2 early Tuesday evening. The food arrived on time, was exactly what we ordered, piping hot and delicious.

Also the Menu has some excellent choices beyond the usual suspects. The Giant Prawn dish is especially good.

Great Service and we will be using them again.

Reviewed 28 December 2017

Love this restaurant and order a lot. Out of all the times we have ordered only 1 bad meal and 1 wrong order. Staff are always friendly and always happy to accommodate with dishes that are not on the menu and we always get free items sent with our order. Very good value for money....
Particularly recommend chicken tikka biryani and Korma dishes.
Thanks guys!

Reviewed 7 December 2017

Used to use this restaurant years ago when it was called Cinamon/ but stopped using it when it was renamed GOA and alcohol was no longer stopped. Recently went with my wife and had a brilliant meal and alcohol is now being served again. Since then have been back on another three occasions with my wife and the latest with 7 males, 5 were local, one from Liverpool and another from Kiwi land celebrating a birthday. Food excellent, good selection, large portions, nicely presented. In fact virtually all of us say it is one of the best Indians around. Only downside, of the last three visits all paid by cash no change has been returned, had intended to leave the change as a tip but it was just taken without me saying it was a tip. On principal it should be offered back.