“Excellent”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Booked this last minute for a romantic evening.

Echo a majority of the reviews here, it’s a lovely place and the food was fantastic. Very large portions as well. The steak Diane was lovely.

Seen a couple of people mention the closeness of the tables but I’ve no idea what they mean. Didn’t feel claustrophobic and I suffer from it! Conversation was not difficult and it didn’t feel like someone was on my lap.

Drink prices are a little high but that’s everywhere these days. Seen a few comments about the service charge automatically being added. I suppose if you were not happy with the service it may be an issue but I had no problem with it.

I would go again.

1  Thank EdwardCatflap

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I visited La Romantica for the first time last night. We were really impressed and will certainly be returning again. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel welcome and despite being very busy, were given a choice of table to sit at.
The selection of vegetarian dishes were good including some on the specials board. The food was delicious and portion sizes were good. So much so I had no room left for dessert (a good excuse to return another time!) Every member of staff took the time to check on us at various points throughout the night. We were made to feel very welcome by the charismatic and friendly waiters. A thoroughly enjoyable evening in a cosy family run restaurant.

1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed 12 October 2018

My sister and I booked this restaurant as a surprise for my mums 80th birthday party what a great night we had There were 36 of us in all I’ve never been here before but will defiantly return The food was amazing staff very attentive nothing was to much trouble.

There was a singer who was brilliant we are so pleased to have discovered this lovely family run restaurant and look forward to many more enjoyable evenings there Thankyou Marco and all your wonderful staff

1  Thank juliegoodge
Reviewed 6 October 2018 via mobile

I haven’t been here for many years and from what I can remember it was very small and with a party of over 30, I thought it might be slightly tight! However, I was very surprised when I walked in.

We had the set meal for £30 per person, I especially liked the cheesecake! Yum yum. Everyone was very happy with their meals.

One thing I would say which made the night was the staff, they are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Service was excellent.

A great night topped off with singer and the end who made the birthday girl very special.

1  Thank 393grantw
Reviewed 3 October 2018

Treated my friend to a meal out after a hard day moving house.
The staff were most accommodating and very kind and cheerful.
The starters were lovely. Good portions too on a good size plate.
The mains were even better. Well seasoned and good quality produce.
Will definitely return.
Many thanks for a very wholesome evening.

3  Thank Tracy S