“Service without a smile”

The Yard Barista Bar
Ranked #12 of 78 Restaurants in Rayleigh
Price range: USD 4 - USD 9
Description: Family run coffee shop with coffee,food and a great atmosphere
Description: Family run coffee shop with coffee,food and a great atmosphere
Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Great food here, but completely disappointing service. Walked up to counter to see if we could choose our own seats- we were glared at then ignored... not even as if it was busy there were 3-4 tables seated. The waitress was unfriendly, got our order wrong (felt too uncomfortable to address this due to the frosty reception) Such a shame as the food was lovely- I wouldn’t go back again due to the unwelcoming and unfriendly staff. I’d rather take my business elsewhere.

Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

A friend and I were looking for a little guy lunch, we saw people sitting in The Yard. It was a lovely sunny day so we thought we might sit outside. We were trying (and failing) to get an idea of what type of food and snacks they were serving. My friend said 'oh, never mind, just leave it, we'll find somewhere else...' I walked in but had to get right through the garden, through the café and to the counter to get a menu. It is such a simple thing to have one on display for potential customers. Maybe the management could think of a way?
We were really glad we persevered, though. We had a sandwich and a ciabatta and two coffees. They were all delicious. The staff were friendly, smiley and helpful. I'd definitely go back there, it's a little gem, tucked away where you don't immediately notice it.

Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

Helpful staff and unexpectedly good coffee.
I went back later for lunch. I was not disappointed with my goats cheese and roasted red pepper flatbread.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

This is a surprising gem in Rayleigh, tucked away and I didn't really know much about it. The place is deceptively big and very cosy. The staff were super friendly and accommodating.

I came here with a family member for lunch. They have a lot of vegetarian and vegan variety but I opted for the vegan breakfast which was absolutely delicious. There is also a good variety of drinks with alternative milks

They also have an extensive dessert menu but we were too stuffed to eat anymore. I will definitely be coming back here again.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Popped in after seeing some good reviews on line about vegetarian choices . Had great lunch and staff were lovely and friendly and accommodated my little in his buggy