“The place to go for good food and a big selection of craft beers in Silao”
Review of Villalpando

Villalpando
Ranked #3 of 32 Restaurants in Silao
Price range: USD 25 - USD 200
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We stayed in Silao to catch an early flight to the U.S. and went to Villalpando for dinner. It's a place that locals go for "cervezas artesanales"--craft beers served in frosty mugs--good food and to watch soccer on a big screen. It's not fancy but the owner-waiter is very nice and he will help you select something good to eat and drink--we chose the carne asada with a salad of fresh vegetables and beer--all at reasonable price. This is not the best meal you will eat in Mexico or the finest restaurant. It is a restaurant in which the food was prepared well, tasted good and served by a very nice owner-operator who wanted you to enjoy your meal in his restaurant. We enjoyed the experience and you will too if you go there.

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I have been coming to Guanajuato Silao for over 10 years and rarely stay in Silao due to the lack of restaurants. I ate here a few days ago and enjoyed it so much I ordered two more items to go to have over the next 2 days. The chicken cordon bleu was excellent and the value is unbeatable. They have a great selection of craft beers, a great atmosphere, a wonderful host and owner, and food so good I will be back many times.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 27 February 2018

The owner-waiter showed great patience and enthusiasm with us with our lack of knowing Spanish. They offer many options of Mexican and imported beers. My friend wanted seafood and I wanted chicken and he recommended his favorite in each category. We were both very happy with his suggestions. I would definely return when in the area.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 6 June 2017

Very friendly owner, good food. Have I mentioned great selection of beers? Found dark Czech lager here...

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 3 April 2017 via mobile

It is a very good and cozy restaurant in Silao downtown. I was there with some friends to watch the game. We had a shared BBQ and some international beers. The owner came to us and explained about the beers and recommended based in our taste. This place is something you don't expect in a good way.

Date of visit: April 2017