“Will NEVER stay there again...too dirty!!!”

Coastal Inn Moncton/Dieppe
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dieppe
Barrington, Canada
“Will NEVER stay there again...too dirty!!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We booked this hotel because of their family package deal. When we arrived there was long black hair all over the floor and the room smelled a little musty. When we went to bed we pulled the blankets back and found the same long black hair in the bed, which lead me to believe they had not changed the blankets, so I stripped the bed and put all the blankets in the tub along with the wet & dirty towels to make sure they gave us new blankets. We left the room to go for breakfast and then went back to the room and found the maid making our bed with the same blankets we had put in the wet, dirty tub so now we had a wet AND dirty bed. I told her those blankets were dirty and we needed new ones that's why I put them in the tub so she came back with clean ones. She did not take the garbage out, clean the sink, mirriors and toilet. She didn't hang the clean towels on the towel rack either she just left them in a pile on the bathroom counter. I later found out that someone I knew had stayed there a month before and when they walked into their room there were dirty glasses all of the table and stains on their sheets so this isn't just a "one time" thing. I will also add that their pool is very small and so is their dining area for breakfast. Their resturant is over priced and my husband ordered clams and they had to be sent back because they were old and smelled bad. Needless to say we will NOT be staying there again!!

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank blackace10

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 22 March 2011

I found the value was in the price,and the employees were very helpfull and friendly.Would definately stay there again,close to everthing and great food at the garden breeze restaurant,always treated very well at this hotel

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2010

We stayed at the Coastal Inn Champlain for 1 night over the holidays. Having read some of the other reviews ahead of time, we were a bit cautious going into our stay, but were pleasantly surprised!

Among other things, the hotel featured an excellent location (directly across the street from Champlain Mall & Crystal Palace), clean rooms of good size, and a great staff who made our stay quite enjoyable. There was also a fitness center and pool on-site, plus a family restaurant adjacent to the property where all guests receive a complementary continental breakfast. We often stay at the major chains, but would definitely stay here again. Overall, a great place to stay for the price!

Lower Sackville Nova Scotia
Reviewed 6 December 2010

We booked 2 rooms. The smell in 1 room when we arrived wasn't the greatest. The bathroom were not clean, hair in the tubes, on the floors. One room was dusty the other I'm glad we didn't have to use the A/C it had little pieces of drywall. But that wasn't the worst part. Pulled the sheets back to go to bed and there were dark brown stains in the middle of the sheets. We called to complain and did have sheets brought up but by the "security guard" and he just handed them to us and walked away. Yes they did give us the room for free, but after not sleeping all night because we were so grossed out it didn't make up for such an unpleasant experience

2 Thank LindaandPaul

Travellers are raving about these Dieppe hotels

New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I stayed at this hotel regularly for over 11 years on business. I know it very well. I own my own business and had negotiated a rate of $68 a night which made it attractive. When I left it was up to $89 and I could no longer justify staying there as it is so much below the "nice' hotels in Moncton. At that time the B.A. rate was about $119 if I recall. I wouldn't pay a penny over $90 for this place. The rooms and bathrooms are very small. The staff here were ALWAYS great. If you're on a budget and can get this place for under a hundred bucks you will probably be ok with it. Don't expect it to be anything like a new chain hotel. It's a far cry. I never had issues with a dirty room and I probably spent 100 nights here. With all of my business travel (100 nights per year) I now only stay at new chain hotels for between $132-160 in this city. It's worth the extra to me but as I said back when I stayed here I was budgeting. Restaurant on property is pretty decent. Alot of people rave about it but I always only found it to be average. Never a "bad" meal. Location is amazing. Walk across the street to the mall and Crystal Palace.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dieppe
1.2 km away
9.7 km away
Days Inn & Suites Moncton
Days Inn & Suites Moncton
#10 of 29 in Moncton

Been to Coastal Inn Moncton/Dieppe? Share your experiences!