“Clean hotel, with problems”

NH Mexico City Valle Dorado
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Tlalnepantla
Reviewed 13 July 2016

I just got back from a business trip to Mexico City and stayed at this NH hotel. I normally would not, but because the group was there it was going to be easier for transportation.
The hotel has a good location for business in the area and is in a mall so it is a little better than some for security. The mall is small, but has some nice places to eat and a grocery store to get anything you might need.
The room was small and very clean, the staff was very nice and well trained. The room was small with a retro theme - I stayed on the 4th floor.
The issue I have with this hotel - the walls are very thin and I could hear the guy next door talking on the phone and very time he moved the bed would rub on the wall and make noise, I was on the highway side of the hotel so later all I could hear was the traffic below. In the morning the shower had no hot water. There was 4 of us in the group and 2 had hot water and 2 did not have hot water. I let the staff know when I went down for breakfast. Breakfast was good, no issue there, a little pricey but ok. The TV was a flat screen, but the cheapest tv I have seen in years. The picture was horrible the color all off greens and reds in everything - the channels were very limited. 2 channels in English 1 in German 1 in French the rest in Spanish. Day 2 back in the shower and I let it run for 15 minutes and I still had NO HOT WATER. I talked to the guys and the same 2 with and 2 without. I was not happy and let them know again down stairs. So for me it was not a great experience.

Room Tip: away from the highway is better
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Cesar M, Director General at NH Mexico City Valle Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2016

Dear Guest
Thanks for letting us know your opinion, "in nh we are proud to serve others".
I'll check with my maintenance equipment failures with hot water, normally the time it takes to leave the hot water is 15 to 30 seconds.
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to improve, we hope to see you again in your next trip to México City

Reviewed 28 June 2016

Nice hotel in shopping center with shopping possibilities, nice restaurants, sports bar & cinema.
I come regular to this place and really enjoy this hotel.
Breakfast is really great with a lot of varity.
Definitely come again. It is around 30 min to the city center. Very conveniently possible with UBER.

Stayed: June 2016
Cesar M, Director General at NH Mexico City Valle Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2016

Dear guest:
We really appreciate for your comments, thanks for share!
In nH we're obsessed for providing memorable experiences.
We hope to be your hosts in your next trip to Mexico City, It's gonna be a pleasure to serve you again

Reviewed 23 May 2016

I stayed to separate days during the same week that I was in Mexico city. My check in was fast and apart for a little issue that the reception staff had to reprogram my key card everything went just fine. Breakfast had improved since the last time that I stayed there; also that I don't have to get up early to enjoy it is a plus! it last until 12:00pm! Rooms are very clean and have the essentials. As always this hotel meant for business travel or for people like me that like to explore the city, meaning that is a place to sleep after a long day. It's located inside a small shopping center that has a movie teather, restaurants even a bowling alley so is very conveniently located

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Cesar M, Director General at NH Mexico City Valle Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2016

Dear Elliot:
Thanks a lot for share your opinion about us and our hotel nH Valle Dorado.
In nH we're so proud to serve others.
Our team and I we will working every day to get more experiences of all to our customers.
we hope to be your hosts in the near future.

Warm regards

Reviewed 10 May 2016

This hotel is located outside city center close to main highway which is convenient for pure business travel but not fun for out of office life.
It is located in a shopping mall which is convenient for basic day to day shopping and gives few options for food and drinks (good bar with outside terrace on basement).
The hotel bar is very depressing. No atmosphere.
I had no hot water on day 1 but this was solved rapidly. Strange also not to get any city map at the main desk.
I am not aware of hotel rates in Mexico but by international standards I found this hotel very expensive for the given service level.
The rooms are nice and stylish.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
Cesar M, Director General at NH Mexico City Valle Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2016

Dear Guest.
Thank you very much for sharing!
In nH we are obsessed by offering memorable experiences and the way to achieve it is to know what our guests needs.
I take action of your observations and act immediately.
We look forward to nH Valle Dorado

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

I stayed here a couple of nights on business, and I wouldn't recommend the hotel unless you had to stay in the immediate area where there aren't too many options to consider as alternatives.

The hotel is located on the 2nd floor of a shopping mall, which is pretty strange in and of itself. The lobby is nicely decorated, and as a whole the hotel presents well. Rooms are pretty standard, but bathrooms need a pretty good cleaning and refresh. Hairs on the sink and in the shower, and a dripping shower head were the extent - not horrible, but less than expected.

The breakfast was lacking with pretty limited options on the buffet. I was skeptical of a few items which clearly looked like they were "recycled" for a few days on the buffet. There's a Starbucks in the mall in the lower floor, so I'd choose that as a priority for bfast if staying there again.

I didn't eat dinner in the restaurant, but there is one or two decent options in the "mall" area. There's a bowling alley which is fun, but I'd avoid the food as two people got sick in my group after eating there. The Italian place is pretty good one floor down, but I can't remember the name.

In summary, the hotel shows well but doesn't deliver overall.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Clint C
Cesar M, Director General at NH Mexico City Valle Dorado, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2016

Dear Guest:
Thank you for sharing your comments.
From his observations I gonna take what corresponds to our hotel.
I will take immediate action with my team as housekeeper to clean the room . And about your comment of "recycled food " with all due respect I can assure you it is not, I regret that you have taken that perception.
We hope to have the opportunity to be your hosts again.
Sincerely

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tlalnepantla
0.4 km away
10.5 km away
Fiesta Americana Mexico Toreo
Fiesta Americana Mexico Toreo
#9 of 312 in Mexico City

Been to NH Mexico City Valle Dorado? Share your experiences!