All reviewshotel is excellenthotel restaurantpillowsamenitiescorridorgymnasiumdeskjacuzzi
Reviewed 1 February 2017

I’ve tried submitting this review multiple times now, and it won’t go through. I sometimes wonder if these places buy good reviews, because I did not have an overall good experience and it seems everyone else did.
I stayed at this place with my girlfriend for a week between Christmas and New Years. We didn’t know about the free included breakfasts until the 2nd to last day of our stay, so on the last morning, we had breakfast together. The breakfast was decent, but they tried to charge us for one of the breakfasts. We complained and had a major headache for a couple hours and eventually threatened to write a bad review, at which point, they gave it to us for free. It wasn’t the money, really, it’s more of a matter of principle. We didn’t eat breakfast there all week and on the last day they tried to charge us for one of them. I really can’t believe I wasted so much time and energy on a simple breakfast. I could’ve just walked next door for a much better (and cheaper) breakfast.
Another problem I had with the place was the cleanliness of the floors inside the room. The cleaning lady came every day swept and mopped, organized, did all the stuff regular cleaning staff does, but when she left the floors were still dirty! I found this out after I got out of the shower and walked around, getting the floors wet. I wiped up my puddles with a spare towel and the towel ended up black! I tried this a few more times in a few more locations inside the room and same results. I’m not sure what she was mopping with but she was definitely just moving dirt around. Honestly, this was kind of gross. So I remedied the situation by getting extra towels and covering the floor so I could walk around barefoot and not step on the floor.
Lastly, the pool and hot tub looked great, until I got in… I was in the hot tub for less than 2 minutes and my skin was on fire, and I definitely do not have sensitive skin. Afterwards, I got into the swimming pool, for about 20-30 minutes. This was nice, heated and comfortable, but still very heavily chlorinated. I got out feeling like I had a chemical burn all over my body.
On a good note, the bed was big and comfy, so I had a decent night’s sleep every night.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Stephany Z, Quality & Guest Service Manager at Krystal Satelite Maria Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Dear Mr. Sean,

First of all, let me externalize my sincere apologies for the inconvenience that you have had during your visits to the hotel, we regret not being able to meet with the expectations that you had about our hotel and not complying with the service that we guarantee to our clients.
I would like to comment you that we already take care of each situation, will be working with the Food and Beverage Manager and with the housekeeping Manager and to see changes as soon as possible.
We are Committed to the service quality and we thank you by share your comments , as it is by them that we get better in our service and we can be able to assist you as you wait.
I really appreciate your preference and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to continue serving you in this your home, Krystal Satelite.
Cordially Yours,

Reviewed 22 November 2016

It's a clean hotel and big. These kind of places can be a little anonymous sometimes and the Krystal- might seem that way, but working behind the scenes are some amazing people who will go out of their way to help you. Luce, at the business centre- is wonderful, helping with logistics, translation, coffee, rooms for interviews- all done with professionalism and kindness! Truly wonderful. There is a non descript giant shopping mall next door if you need a walk, but immediately to the right of the entrance as you leave- is a fabulously raucous Traditional Mexican Restaurant with live music throughout the day and great food at very affordable prices. For a work related visit this is a very well priced, functionable place to stay

Room Tip: i only stayed in the tower- higher up you go- obviously you get the city views!
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Diana M, Quality & Guest Service at Krystal Satelite Maria Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2016

Dear Mr. Tobias
Receive our greetings from all the team here in Krystal Satelite Maria Barbara, thank you for choosing us and for let us serve you.
I appreciate your comments about our hotel. It makes us feel proud to cater to the needs of our customers in the best way we can.
Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I am sure that all of our hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay.
Call us if there is anything we can help you with, we hope to see you soon.

Regards
Jaime Flores M.
Director General
Krystal Satélite

Reviewed 20 November 2016

We normally stay at the Inter-Con in Palanco so this was a bit of a let down in comparison but the staff were friendly and efficient and the rooms were clean.

Not a fan of the layout though. Very much like an American motel with common corridors facing outdoors.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights on a business trip. Very clean hotel with good wifi and workout center. The restaurant is mainly buffet service so we went to nearby restaurants. The mall down the street is huge and has several good places. Nice hotel.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at the Krystal. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The restaurant was great. We enjoyed the great personalized attention from Chef Russo! The food was very well presented and tasted great. We always stay at the Krystal when we are in northern Mexico City. Our 4th visit this year. Jim & Angela

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Diana M, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Satelite Maria Barbara, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2016

Dear Mr. James,
We are very grateful to you for having shared your comments about your recent stay at our hotel, on behalf of all the staff we thank you for your preference.
We are pleased to know that you could enjoy the breakfast at the restaurant; our chef is a person with extensive experience in the culinary field and delights the palate every morning.
It would be a pleasure to have you back with us again and that you would provide me the opportunity to meet you in person.
Best Regards