All reviews echo beach amazing week fitness levels obstacle course padang padang awesome group wake boarding life changing recommend this trip play hard social media thought of everything perfect mix incredible food great friends overlooking the ocean trainers
Reviewed 26 June 2018

Everything about the week was just awesome. Ali and Zanna are absolute stars, as well as the trainers Scotty and Jenna. And Yogi! Thank you all for the hard work, training, team spirit and motivation!

So much detail is put in behind the scenes effortlessly for a perfect experience by all 5 of these stars above. The week is jam packed with little surprises like, obstacle courses, different training locations and styles, meals out at great venues, wake boarding, yoga, surfing, transport etc etc etc, the list goes on...

And the meals, breaky, lunch and dinner including awesome touches like jamu, coconut water, smoothie bowls, delicious perfectly cooked scrambled eggs, delicious, tasty, well though out, balanced and healthy meals without missing a beat.

Highly highly recommended and will be back :)

Chris

Room Tip: Amazing views and luxury accommodation in the shared or private villa option
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

I had an absolutely great experience from the moment I contacted active escapes.

Throughout the booking process and in the build up to the trip the communication from Ali & Zanna was on point. Quick to respond and detailed (even with a dab of humour).

From the second I arrived I was impressed. The villa was stunning and Ali was very attentive to our needs. This continued through out the trip. All the food we ate was freshly prepared, plentiful and delicious. We had a great introductory brief that allowed all guests to get to know each other, which was a nice touch.

The trainers were great. We had Scotty & Jenna who gave an awesome introductory session, setting a really positive tone for the trip and gaining an understanding for the different levels of ability in the group. There level of rigour continued throughout the week.

Finally, despite having a packed schedule, the week felt really relaxed and we never rushed to get to our next activity. The whole trip ran really smoothly which was helped by Zanna’s relaxed and friendly attitude. I particularly enjoyed the balance between demanding training and relaxing, including time to grab a couple of drinks.

I went on this trip with a friend and we both had a great time. I would have happily done it solo and intend to return to active escapes.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

I turned up in Bali with absolutely no idea what do expect of Active Escapes. I picked my week based on the trainers, with complete social media idolisation and curiosity for the type of training Scott and Jenna did, but also their relationship with one another and approach to life. So say I was nervous is an understatement, but knew the kind souls of Ali and Zanna would complement the intensity of training.
I was hoping I would learn about new styles of training and maybe work on some abs haha, but in no way anticipated the mental endurance and stamina that was required! There were tears of exhaustion and happiness on completion of the obstacle course, there was sickness from endless reverse bear crawls, but there was also complete appreciation and pride of myself (and each person in the group). The style of training was so far out of my comfort zone that I learnt I had been sticking within my comfort zone! I learnt I was capable of more, capable of challenging myself everyday no matter how sore the whole body was. I learnt I have more mental strength than I gave myself credit for, but also still have such a long way to go!
I learnt I love yoga, swimming laps and surfing (even though I had a painful crash which completely freaked me out). I faced a fear of wakeboarding and tried foods I never thought I would. I gained more out of this week than I ever imagined I would!

The villa in Padang Padang was a dream location!! The bathroom was like a palace! Food was so so so delish and nourishing, with true appreciation for the magic work from Ali and the catering team. Service was generally brilliant; with Yogi’s laughter and energy a treat every day. Thanks to Ali and Zanna for the brilliant organisation of the week, which included everything we could dream of! Added bonus with the beautiful hearts and amazing photography from Jake and Marie, who have inspired me in more ways than they realise.

I am so lucky for this experience, for every person I met, for the things I have learnt and now plan on implementing at home, for my tan (which will disappear quickly in Aus winter). I definitely plan on coming back, and will recommend Active Escapes to anyone who asks. With love, Bri

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 June 2018

Be prepared for one of the best weeks of your life. Every aspect of the week exceeded my expectations. We had a great bunch of people on our group - almost everyone travelling solo.

The trainers Jen and Scotty were super encouraging, got everyone involved and pushing themselves, and contiually changed the sessions to keep it interesting.
Ali and Zanna made you feel like family and made sure everyone felt at home. There was always plenty of amazing food prepared by Ali and Yogi.

Will definitely be recommending an Active Escapes trip to my friends and I am planning on returning again soon.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Thomas C
Reviewed 24 June 2018

I decided to take an Active Escapes trip in the middle of a month vacation I took after graduation. I have been working in the fitness and nutrition industry for about 4 years now since getting my first degree. I attended this trip with hopes of both learning and relaxing. Not only did I get both of those, but I met some fantastic people that I hope to stay in touch with as I continue on with my career. We're also planning on attending another trip in a different location next year together! Highly, highly recommend. the villa and hotel were beautiful! I did yoga every morning on the terrace overlooking the water. the food was provided and was delicious.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo