“Opulence at its finest”

Cuisines: Indonesian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2016

My husband & I came to Sangkar to celebrate our wedding anniversary. What an experience we had. Cocktails at sunset overlooking the water and a stunning dinner at the restaurant which was served by the most beautiful staff who indulged us. It will be a night never forgotten - thank you Bulgari!

Date of visit: March 2016
Write a reviewReviews (108)

Reviewed 7 January 2016

We headed to the restaurant after catching the kecak dance at uluwatu temple. I was starting to worry about this restaurant choice when our car turned into a long, dark and desolate lane. Glad that we stuck on for the dinner though!

The staff were extremely friendly and and the menu did not disappoint with a good mix of local Balinese food and western staples. The ultimate Nasi Goreng was an interesting take on the local favorite. Not too spicy and the wagyu satay added some alpha to the comfort dish. Lobster bisque was especially memorable. Not as impressed with the seafood dishes though.. maybe because we had a lot better seafood elsewhere during our Bali stay.
Although we did not ask for any celebration, the staff kindly prepared a surprise cake and song for my boyfriend's birthday. Kudos to their thoughtfulness!

I would recommend arriving for dinner before sunset for a more complete experience.

Date of visit: January 2016
2  Thank Alicia800
Reviewed 27 December 2015

I'm not entirely sure I can put into words how special our experience at the Sankar was. I came to bali with the intention of proposing to my girlfriend, and after a lot of research decided that Sangkar sounded like the right fit, classy, elegant sat upon clifftop with a beautiful view and a sense of effortless style lacking I found in a lot of the other high end places in the island.

But the best part of the Sangkar package though is undoubtedly the staff. I phoned the manager, Nova Maulana, to reserve a table and told him I was planning to propose. He asked me for a plan which was to serve the ring at dessert.... his execution was fantastic. We we were greeted to a lovely table outside with a great view but didn't give the game away.

Our waitress Sri was really sweet and made sure we wanted for nothing. Her recommendations were perfect and we enjoyed our best meal in Bali. The desert came.... with no ring! I had thought something had gone wrong, but not to worry, 10 mins later came a platter. She lifted the cover there was the ring box with the question written beautifully around the plate, and of course Sri, having thought of everything was quick to slip me bouquet of roses from behind.

Highly recommended.

Date of visit: October 2015
1  Thank Praveen B
Reviewed 7 December 2015 via mobile

The breath taking view here is not to be missed for any reason if u pay a visit to Bali. Although it is far from everything, it is totally worth going even just for the food (dont bother order afternoon tea though, way too average). I ordered grilled salmon with kimchi coz I never tried such combination before, and it was delicious. Also, being a fine dining restaurant, price is fairly reasonable.

Date of visit: December 2015
1  Thank EmmaL105
Reviewed 28 July 2015

i had my 50th here and the staff created for me a memorable experience of a lifetime. all the staff there were so special , professional and yet wonderfully warm . the dinner was not only the best i had in bali but one of the best ive had anywhere . thank you.

Date of visit: July 2015