“A treat to be treated so well.”
Review of Lal Khazana

Lal Khazana
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Shilbottle
Price range: USD 10 - USD 31
Description: Located in Shilbottle near Alnwick, Lal Khazana offers alluring and tantalising Indian cuisine with a modern twist, a place for relaxation and dining excellence.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We visited Lal Khazana during our week in Alnmouth. What a lovely surprise we had to discover a fine Indian restaurant in the little village of Shilbottle.
As soon as we entered we were made to feel like special guests. The waiters are charming and seemed to really want us to enjoy our time there.
My biryani was delicious too. I told my son who was also staying in Alnmouth a little longer than us because he wanted a take away another evening. He was so impressed and said their food was amazing too.

1  Thank LynRogers

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Just tried Lal Khazana for the first time for a take away, we are both vegetarians and there is plenty of choice and a well marked menu. Arrived at the restaurant to collect and there is plenty of parking and a well lit area to park in.The portions were really good and the food was really hot, tasty and nicely packaged. Lovely staff and a lovely clean reception area to wait. Will be back for a sit down experience.

1  Thank harleym1976
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well folks we have visited this resturant on a number of occasions . The food was excellent but the service is very poor on arriving at 7 pm the resturant was very busy and very very noisy . And the noise escalated from a large party of about 15 people who as the night progressed became so noisy we could not hold a conversation . It took two hours to get our main meal taking into consideration we had a starter . I had a Kath Kebab starter and Missy had a samosa . Both excellent . I had a lamb saag gosh missy had a mixed birianli , both excellent . Our friends need to comment on their meals . I wonder if Lal Khazana are trying to cover to many tables plus a multitude of take aways . The food is fantastic bug the service on Saturday night was abysmal . We looked around and their was lots of people unhappy and asking when their food was going to be delivered to their table . The manager was apologising and did to us . May be they have out grown the premises they are in or is the kitchen to small and need to be able to accommodate more chefs , that is their problem and needs to be addressed . I would recommend the food , it is second to none but be prepared at weekends for a long wait for your food .

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

My mum and I had a fantastic meal here. I would recommend booking especially Friday and Saturday or during summer. The car park is quite small but it's not in a busy location by any means.

1  Thank Sparkle556
Reviewed 12 September 2018

Possibly the best Indian meal ever. Its a good job this is hidden away in a fairly remote location or you would never be able to get a reservation. Fantastic service and the food is amazing. The wife and I shared the Khazana Mixed Platter for a starter. My main course was a Saag Gosht. Absolutely fantastic. In some ways I am pleased it takes a 35 minute drive to get to this place as I would never be away from it

1  Thank David H