“Great little restaurant and take away”
Review of Lal Khazana

Lal Khazana
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Shilbottle
Price range: USD 11 - USD 32
Description: Located in Shilbottle near Alnwick, Lal Khazana offers alluring and tantalising Indian cuisine with a modern twist, a place for relaxation and dining excellence.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just tried Lal Khazana for the first time for a take away, we are both vegetarians and there is plenty of choice and a well marked menu. Arrived at the restaurant to collect and there is plenty of parking and a well lit area to park in.The portions were really good and the food was really hot, tasty and nicely packaged. Lovely staff and a lovely clean reception area to wait. Will be back for a sit down experience.

1  Thank harleym1976

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Well folks we have visited this resturant on a number of occasions . The food was excellent but the service is very poor on arriving at 7 pm the resturant was very busy and very very noisy . And the noise escalated from a large party of about 15 people who as the night progressed became so noisy we could not hold a conversation . It took two hours to get our main meal taking into consideration we had a starter . I had a Kath Kebab starter and Missy had a samosa . Both excellent . I had a lamb saag gosh missy had a mixed birianli , both excellent . Our friends need to comment on their meals . I wonder if Lal Khazana are trying to cover to many tables plus a multitude of take aways . The food is fantastic bug the service on Saturday night was abysmal . We looked around and their was lots of people unhappy and asking when their food was going to be delivered to their table . The manager was apologising and did to us . May be they have out grown the premises they are in or is the kitchen to small and need to be able to accommodate more chefs , that is their problem and needs to be addressed . I would recommend the food , it is second to none but be prepared at weekends for a long wait for your food .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My mum and I had a fantastic meal here. I would recommend booking especially Friday and Saturday or during summer. The car park is quite small but it's not in a busy location by any means.

1  Thank Sparkle556
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Possibly the best Indian meal ever. Its a good job this is hidden away in a fairly remote location or you would never be able to get a reservation. Fantastic service and the food is amazing. The wife and I shared the Khazana Mixed Platter for a starter. My main course was a Saag Gosht. Absolutely fantastic. In some ways I am pleased it takes a 35 minute drive to get to this place as I would never be away from it

1  Thank David H
Reviewed 10 September 2018

We found this amazing restaurant whilst on holiday after reading other Trip Advisor reviews. So glad that we travelled from Beadnell to find it. Fantastic service and food – the best onion bhaji’s ever – and we’ve been eating Indian food for more years than we’re prepared to admit! Portion sizes were good and prices very reasonable. Waiters were all friendly and very polite – eager to please. We had a lovely evening and shall definitely eat here again when we return to this beautiful part of the country. Thank you!

1  Thank Jandanda