3,039 results
All reviews a la carte restaurant smaller resort costa rica nightly entertainment onion rings all inclusive resort cab ride chicken wings howler monkeys pool bar langosta beach in town low tide recommend this resort resort staff dance lessons zip lining
Reviewed 7 May 2016 via mobile

We weren't looking to stay in Tamarindo, but someone recommended Barcelo Playa Langosta.. Best decision we made, we traveled with our 6 year old granddaughter, the attention we received from the staff was amazing, especially from Joselyn Quiros and Einat Castro, they were so patient and sweet not only to my granddaughter, but to the other children.. The staff at the restaurant were also very attentive.. Thank you to Johan Solis and Jorge Arias Solano! I'm very positive that we will return again very soon!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank O6817IYjosem
Alvaro_Fontenla, General Manager at Occidental Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2016

Dear 06817IYjosem:

Thank you very much for this great comment, is indeed really motivating for the days incoming.

People in here will continue to deliver the very best from themselves in order to achieve the excelence. We are very proud of the level aquired, and so I will be delighted to welcome you back at Barceló Langosta.

Best wishes from Tamarindo,
Director General

Reviewed 29 April 2016

Let's start off with good...The grounds were beautiful. The beach, just O.K. Had a great view of a pretty sunset.

The room was horrendous. It was not clean, the bathroom was extremely scary, with mold everywhere, hair that was not ours and gross things on the inside of the shower walls. The room had mold everywhere. They tried to cover it up with paint, however the paint was coming off and you could see it in the walls.

The food was a disappointment and had to go into town to buy our own bottles of liquor because the drinks were horrible.

There are so many great options to stay in this beautiful country. Pick another!!

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank Megan P
Alvaro_Fontenla, General Manager at Occidental Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2016

Dear Megan:

I am sorry to hear this, it's a real shame for us have this kind of comments.

Let me apologize in behalf of me and all my team; rest assured that we haven take all the measures needed to avoid in the future all the situations mentioned by you.

Please, accept my invitation to come back and give us another opportunity to please with all the wonder we offer everyday.

Thank you very much for your opinion, I wish you the very best for this week,

Alvaro Fontenla

Reviewed 28 April 2016

By far the friendliest staff I've experienced at a resort. They all spoke a good amount of English and my family didn't have any troubles communicating. Jorge, a bartender at the poolside bar, was always smiling and talking to the guests. The entertainment crew was also very welcoming. One of the staff members, Jordan, was super energetic and the activities he ran were always a blast. The beach wasn't the most ideal for swimming, but you could walk a very small distance in order to go in the water. Walking along the beach you could also see interesting lava rocks and greenery for quite a distance. The short walk to town was safe and there was a lot of interesting places to visit, including shops and restaurants. It would have been nice to have internet available at the hotel but stores in town had wifi available.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
Alvaro_Fontenla, Director General at Occidental Tamarindo, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2016

Dear sdhamilton23:

It`s been a pleasure reading your comment, which undoutbly will forward to my crew.

Thank you very much for your time posting it, it really encourages us to keep it like this.

It would be an honour to having you back,

Best regards from Tamarindo.
Director General

Reviewed 27 April 2016

We had never stayed at an all inclusive prior to this visit, we usually rent our own home or apartment, we like our privacy. This was a senior trip though with all families going. With that said, I read many comments before we went down, and I disagree with the comments that the food was not up to par. We all agreed that they did a very nice job with adding variety to each meal, everyday. Of course there are many returning items, beans, rice, fish, pork, vegetables. But they always added new items to keep it interesting. We felt the fruits and vegetables were very fresh and were not disappointed. We went into town to eat a few times, just for a different experience. We all loved the staff. They were warm smiling people, eager to help us feel welcome. Our favorite person, whose name I've sadly forgotten, was a gentleman who served us daily from the poolside bar. He always had a great smile on his face, genuinely warm and friendly. His brother's name was affectionately tattooed across his heart, that I recall. No the beach right in front of the hotel is not swimmable due to lava rock formations, but if you cross the little river just to the left, an easy cross during low tide, then there is a beautiful beach to swim at. Our sons surfed there too. We walked to town both by road and beach, so that is possible, but it is a longer walk, but take the time and enjoy the walk. All in all the boys enjoyed the food, pool, and activities, as well as all the parents. While we travel a lot, we're not high maintenance, nor complainers and do not care too much if things appear to need updating as long as things are functioning properly and clean, which everything was for us. The grounds were beautiful, and it was a treat to see rather large iguanas and even monkeys right outside our room. One iguana visited the diners during dinner. I do recommend this resort for families, or larger groups. Pura Vida!! Hope K.

Room Tip: building 8 was nice, shorter walk to everything at the resort and quiet too.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
4  Thank HopeElaineK

Dear HopeElainek:

Thank you very much for this wonderful opinion. I do agree with you, food is great but we are going to make it better, trust me!

I will forward this opinion to all my crew, I am sure they will love it like me.

Dear Hope, it will be an honour having you back at Barceló Langosta Beach.

Yours sincerely,
Alvaro Fontenla

Reviewed 25 April 2016 via mobile

I live in Costa Rica and we visited the Barcelo this weekend with family visiting from the US. The beach is great- unless you want surfing lessons, then it's a 5 minute drive into town. We booked for 2 nights and weren't impressed with the food. The buffet is ok for breakfast and lunch but we went into town to eat both nights since the buffet was OK at best. We also heard feedback from guests that the hotel makes it very hard to get reservations at the a la cart, so many guests end up eating at the buffet every night. Restaurants are very poor compared to the 5 other all inclusives we've stayed at. No swim up bars. If you can get a super deal and budget to eat out every night it's ok. You get what you pay for. 1 restaurant option is tough!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank lisalisalisa123

Dear LisaLisaLisa123:

Thank you very much for your comment, despite we feel very sorry for not being able to make you feel 100% great at Barceló Langosta.

Actually, we have 3 food options avalaible for our guests: The great buffet, the snack bar and the Premium Restaurant OCEAN, where previous reservation is required. We usually try to satisfy everybody's wishes, and we feel terrible when we cannot offer all the places demanded, but please understand that Oceano, is a really rare restaurant with maximum 45 people attending every night.

Please, accept our invitation to come back to give us another shot. I am sure we can make it wonderful for you.

Have a perfect week,