All reviews two double beds mobility issues executive room good size leisure facilities would highly recommend this hotel large hotel channel tunnel motorway network ground floor stayed here for one night steam room evening meal kids eat free tea coffee brands hatch family room
Reviewed 24 October 2018 via mobile

Just returned from a two night break with my husband and 2 children. The staff were all extremely friendly, especially Tom, Clare and Josh on the bar where we ate both nights. The food was very good, especially breakfast which had plenty of choice. We all loved the pool as it was so warm and never busy. We will definitely return. Thank you for a lovely stay :)

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank SCC1313
Karl E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2018

Dear SCC1313
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us and for such great feedback. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and found the staff so friendly. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

I use this hotel to meet clients and business contacts as it is convenient. The reception area is comfortable and quiet enough for private conversations.

They, or especially Sally who I believe is in charge of the bar and lounge area (or was at the time of my visit) have introduced Sally's Special which is a sandwich, side and a drink for £10. The word "sandhich" really doesn't do it justice And great service too.

Worth the trip just for that

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Karl E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear Ian,
Thank you for your review and great feedback especially about our lounge and bar area. We will be passing on your lovely feedback to Sally and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Having used Holiday Inn hotels for over 20 years, you can tell the ones that are in need for a refurbishment and and update. This one falls into that category. We booked an exec double and to be honest the standard was not what we expected. The room is in desperate need of refurbishment with old windows, tatty chairs, and a shower thats should be in museum....and this was an exec room!.That said the public areas are fine and the service from staff is great. The food on offer for breakfast was also fine. This could be a fantastic hotel once its updated and I will happily stay there once its done. Don't expect a 4 star room if you book.

Date of stay: October 2018
Karl E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear realfozzy
Thank you for your review. We are hoping to to have a refurbishment later this year / early next year, and do hope we can welcome you back then. I'm so glad however you found the service great and enjoyed your stay and dining experience.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Last time we stayed here we were not 100% satisfied - particularly be the almost surly reception staff - but it has definitely improved in a very big way. We were welcomed like long lost friends and were allocated a room that was spot-on. Very pleased, and thank you for the improvement.

Room tip: Ground floor to avoid stairs as no lift
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear johnD9009PL
Thank you for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay this time and were made to feel so welcome. I do hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Probably the prettiest Holiday Inn I’ve stayed in (and I stayed in hundreds all over the world), conveniently located next to the motorway but tucked away in a pretty wooded area and well sound proofed so there is no noise pollution. The lobby is lovely with lots of seating areas, including a conservatory. Reception staff are very friendly and accommodating. The rooms are very well equipped, although the lack of movies will disappoint some, and the beds are very comfortable. Breakfast buffet is well stocked and good quality. Room service is quick and efficient and reasonably priced. Only blot on the landscape was the bar staff, they simply didn’t seem to know what they were doing, it took four of them to sort out our drinks and they still got the order wrong. My wife and I found this amusing, others might not! The pool, jacuzzi, steam room, and sauna are an excellent addition, especially the pool as it is a good size and great for those who like to swim for exercise. Apparently the hotel is about to undergo a major refurbishment, which is needed as carpets and some fittings need replacing. I just hope they don’t spoil its character.

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Karl E, General Manager at Holiday Inn Maidstone - Sevenoaks, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2018

Dear TheHolyHaddok
Thank you for reviewing your stay and all your lovely feedback. Some of our bar staff are new and are currently in training, thank you for your understanding. I do hope we can welcome you and your wife back to the hotel again soon.