“Very good, nicely decorated, reasonable food”
Review of La Rosa - CLOSED

La Rosa
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Chilecito is not somewhere that many tourists visit, nor is it awash with good (or indeed many) restaurants.

However La Rosa stands out as a beacon, as it has been well decorated inside, and has a nice ambience. The staff are very friendly. We ate lunch here one day, and dinner the next.

I was a bit concerned about the only review that the previous reviewer has written. I would disagree entirely with that write-up.

This is not gourmet food, but is good food. I would hope that any reader of this review would enjoy, as we did the La Rosa.

I honestly don't think you will find a better restaurant in Chilecito.

Reviewed 17 October 2013 via mobile

After travelling 8 hours from cafayate... We wanted to chillout for a while and find a nice restaurant. Therefore we choose "la Rosa" which was a top in tripadvisor!
What a disappoitment !! The service was a disaster, bread was too salty and the must thing : I had hair on my plate!!! I would definitely not recommend this restaurant ...

Reviewed 2 January 2013

Since we had trouble to find a decent restaurant in Villa Union (in low season, the hotel restaurants in Villa Union aren't necessarily daily open), I searched the internet to find a nice restaurant for a cosy birthday dinner - to be precise, we went for lunch since we were staying in Villa Union.

The setting of the restaurant is quite nice - in a small street with a couple of shady trees where we parked our car. The restaurant has different parts - we chose a table in a room to the left of the entrance.

We were more or less the only guests (during lunchtime on a Tuesday), but obviously hungry and desperate enough to stay and try the kitchen that offered typical dishes including Empanadas and Steaks (that were our choice as main). They also have a pretty comprehensive wine list and I ordered a local Malbec.

What can I say? Service, food and wine were great and we had a wonderful meal.

Reviewed 26 April 2012

it's a great place, comfortable , great food, great attention...only good
nothing more to say, only visit this place

Reviewed 31 August 2011

This is a very nice restaurant, gourmet style, but offering traditional dishes as well. An excellent option to taste good food in a very nice environment.
Service is very good and the menu very varied with all sorts of dishes. Prices are very reasonable. The wine list is good and reasonably priced.

1  Thank Adriana S