“Great dinner on the water.”
Review of La Perla Nera

La Perla Nera
Ranked #10 of 116 Restaurants in Santa Marinella
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Lovely dinner on the sea. This is a small but cute place, specializing in very fresh seafood. You will need reservations if you are planning on having dinner, as it is small and fills up quickly with hotel guests.

Reviewed 5 May 2017

We spent the day in Santa Marinella and stumbled across this place whilst walking. Its in a beautiful spot and we sat outside and ordered prosecco - lovely. My 'Jumbo' shrimp salad was OK but the shrimp were small but enjoyable.Muriel's Salmon Sashimi was poorly presented and swimming in some sort of liquid. I ordered the Elephants Ear (Wiener Schnitzel) with a side of spaghetti as I fancied Veal Milanese, Muriel ordered some fish from the trolley. My pasta arrived before the veal and not wanting to make a fuss (me?) I took it and it was bland, unseasoned and tasteless - hello - this is Italy!!
I sent it back and the Elephant Ear arrived - a thick chewy piece of veal - not bashed out and 'thin' - how an elephants ear is right? - absolutely horrible. I sent this back and Muriel's fish arrived - overcooked and with a pile of fresh tomatoes. At this point I went to speak with the Manager - it transpires the hotel do not run the kitchen but they were very understanding but I insisted on paying for the wine. The staff spoke little English and the place badly needs a front of house person. Such a shame as the location is sublime.
I was utterly disappointed.

Reviewed 24 April 2017

If you want to have a real Italian experience you must eat at La Perla Nera.
I have travelled around the world and enjoyed all kinds of food.
But the fresh fish and seafood at this place is out of the world.
Start with a glass or bottle of prosecco for sea food, and for your fish dish drink some Gewürztraminer or for those more Europeanized - is that a word- some Muller-Thurgau.
Pasta with sea food is fantastic. Try it.
And desserts - save some place for it - are incredible.
You shoul call for reservation - call Emmanuele - the manager/owner. Get a table on the terrace - sunny. You will come back.

1  Thank Pietro p
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

The restaurant is not part of the Villa delle Palme hotel but located within its premises. We had a delightful lunch witch included octopus, mussels and clams, grilled seafood medley, salads, potatoes and incredibly good wine called 'pecorino'. Staff is very friendly, menu simple - we used the Italian version - and containing all the local specialties. Total cost was a lot less than what we are used to and all tasted very fresh.

If you happen to be in Santa Marinella, do look for this place.

Reviewed 14 October 2016

The restaurant is located near the water, and is probably a lovely site when the weather is nice. When we visited it was too cold to sit outside.

The food was unimpressive, and the portions were small. We each had different types of pasta with seafood, one of us was food poisoned by the scampi. The desserts were good but obviously premade and stuck in the fridge for some time.

The waiters were inattentive, and unorganized. Dirty plates were gathered on a nearby table instead of taking them into the kitchen. The atmosphere was unprofessional.

I would not recommend this place for lunch or dinner, but maybe a glass of wine with a view.