Lol.travel
Vio.com
StayForLong
All reviews the managers family holiday alex apartment units furnishings
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 December 2022 via mobile

It’s very interesting to see many other reviews are in regards to management…..

We have been repeat clients at Alex Seaside Resort for many many many years and absolutely loved and looked forward to our stay each year. Unfortunately, since the new management have taken over within the past 18 months, our excitement and anticipation of our stay has been severely tarnished. Honouring loyalty for repeat clients is now non existent and it appears as though the only motivation is money…

Yes, it is fair enough that it is a business after all and the owners of the units are looking for the best return, however being so staunch on prices and not considering years of return business has caused Alex Seaside to lose a number of valued customers.

I hope the managers consider the impact this business method has had on customers and the now poor word of mouth the resort is likely to receive in return.

Date of stay: November 2022
1  Thank 315snowman
Reviewed 11 August 2022 via mobile

Avoid this place like the plague. They just cancelled our holiday. No warning. No explanation. Apparently the owner wants the apartment on the dates we’d booked and paid for. Literally beyond belief that they are able to do this. Absolutely fuming!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulhF6766UW
Reviewed 9 April 2022

We have been repeated “Customers” to Alex seaside resort and have always found location, room, and our welcoming warm and friendly, hence our go to family holiday place. My review is more about the welcoming we received by new management “KAY”! Extremely rude towards my husband, she charged him an extra $560 more then our confirmed booking that was done June 2021. When he advised she needed to refund him as that was not the confirmed quote, she sternly and rudely said “Well that’s not us- no I don’t need to refund you anything’! My husband showed her our confirmed booking charge for the week and she still persisted in telling well this was done before we took over management so I don’t have to give u a refund. In my experience a confirmed booking charge means it’s confirmed and why are we now being charged an extra $560 just because you KAY took over the business. You are in the wrong KAY and should have refunded without arguing with your customers. Start of our holiday was a real downer due to our dealings with new management therefore despite many happy times there we will no longer spend anymore money at this hotel. I do hope you do not treat anyone else the way you have treated us. You are in the wrong business if you do!!!

Date of stay: April 2022
2  Thank Discover759609
Reviewed 8 February 2022 via mobile

I had planned to stay at this "resort" for three nights in February 2022. Unfortunately however, despite my high expectations, I was overcome by a foul odour as soon as I had entered the room, that was like a punch to the face!

I immediately had to exit the room through the sliding patio door, which was stuck and almost impossible to open, only to then notice the lace curtain coverings on that same door, ripped from floor to ceiling.

Then came the buckling carpet all throughout the room, which was an obvious health and safety risk, as someone could easily trip over it. It wasn't until much later that I realised the smell inside the room was probably due to damp, mouldy carpet, which again, would pose real health concerns and risks to guests, and would require immediate action by Management to rectify.

I quickly left the room and headed back down to reception, as I knew the room was definitely not as it was described or advertised as being, by the pictures that were listed, and with the bad smell, damaged furnishings, health and safety issues with the flooring, and a sliding door that required maintenance, I decided to approach Kay from reception to notify her of my concerns and issues with the room.

When I first notified Kay of the issues that I had noticed, she was in immediate denial, and kept repeating over and over again that the room had just been "spring cleaned", and she didn't seem to believe anything I had told her, as she also went on to state that she had not been advised of the same issues from prior guests either, clearly assuming that I was lying about the room. I disputed that, and told her I wasn't lying about it, and her response was: "well, neither am I".

Kay then bluntly said that she could offer me a refund and that I could simply leave - she didn't bother to offer me another room, attempt to professionally address the issues that I had raised with her, or even attempt to inspect the room herself.

I was actually the one who asked her about the possibility of looking at another room, hoping that that might be a better option, as my daughter and I had travelled for three hours on public transport to get there, and we were left stranded on a 35 degree day, not knowing what the outcome of our predicament was going to be, so I was open to the prospect of looking at other rooms, instead of having to try to find alternative accommodation elsewhere.

Despite there being another room available however, I still couldn't feel 100% as to the overall cleanliness and safety of the resort or the rooms, due to how bad the initial room was, along with Kay's troubling attitude and response to my concerns, as it all just made me not want to stay there, so I was very keen to leave and find alternative accommodation elsewhere.

When I told Kay I would prefer to cancel my booking, that I had made through booking.com, her attitude worsened and she became unbearable, and to say she was rude and unprofessional, would be a compliment.

She attempted to process the refund but faced some hassles in doing so and had to call the booking.com website to get some help. Whilst she was doing this however, she was bad mouthing them to me, which I thought was incredibly unprofessional and unnecessary.

I then overheard her tell them that she was going to take her commission that she had paid them, off her refund to me - WTF?!!!

As soon as she ended the call, I asked her why she was going to do that, telling her it wasn't fair to do that and that it wasn't my responsibility to pay her commission, and she told me they weren't going to refund her and as she didn't want to lose her commission, she had no choice than to take it from me.

This woman didn't even ask me first, or have the decency to have a conversation with me about the issue, or to explain her reasons - she just took it upon herself to make me pay HER commission out of MY refund, like I didn't have a choice in the matter. Who the hell does that?!!!

This is when I became aware that this woman had well and truly crossed a moral, legal and ethical line in attempting to do what she did by making me pay her out of pocket commission.

I then took it upon myself to call booking.com, and I told someone what she was planning to do and they told me all she needed to do was to issue me with the full refund which i was entitled to, and then they would go ahead and refund her commission.

I had them tell her this for me, as by that stage, I was honestly too scared to approach her again due to her escalating behaviour, but she tried avoiding their call, but I didn't tolerate that, and made sure she knew to expect a call from booking.com, and sure enough, she answered when he tried calling her again, and the matter was finally resolved.

No surprise that Kay was NOT at all happy with the fact that I stood up for myself and my rights, and put her in her place! She had no right at all to attempt to do what she did to me, and I believe she acted in an immoral, illegal and unethical manner, by doing so.

Kay, you can treat your guests any way you choose, and I can't control that, but what I can control, is how I respond to seeing a room that you manage and own that was (1) not as described or advertised, (2) in a bad state of repair with damaged furnishings and maintenance issues, and (3) a health and safety risk in regards to the flooring.

I will also always stand up for myself and my rights, and will never allow anyone to mistreat or disrespect me in any way whatsoever.

You Kay, have a responsibility and on obligation under the law to keep the hotel which you manage, fit, clean and safe for your guests, and advertise rooms to truly reflect reality, but from what I personally have seen, you have fallen far below the standard of good hotel management in regards to these issues, and your attitude when these issues have been brought to your direct attention from guests, well, that is a concern of itself.

I honestly don't know what was worse - the foul smell of the room, or your foul attitude.

Date of stay: February 2022
2  Thank 79sam79
Reviewed 2 November 2021

Our apartment needed an upgrade a coat of paint at least. Wi fi none existing we complained and was told to phone the provider ,they asked which apartment we were in and believe or not were told the strongest signal was near the lift about 20 metres from our room and to try to log on there UNBELIEVABLE
The weather was stormy when we were there and this meant we had no tv.
The location is great beach ,bowling alley,skate board park ,surf club and restaurants all metres away.Bus to Maroochydore and Mooloolaba 100 metres away .
Kay on reception was nice and friendly

Room tip: Nice views from all room if you need wifi book an apartment near the lift!!!
Date of stay: October 2021