“Superb monkfish tail”
Review of The White Horse

The White Horse
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I called in last night as we were passing by
, she has the fish special of Monkfish tail which was really well cooked and presented on a bed of spiced chic peas, I must admit to being slightly jealous as my trio of sausages came out although they were very nice too, our attentive waiter was really helpful , well done everybody

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Sunday lunch for six.
Nobody ordered starters as a Sunday Lunch and Dessert is usually enough for a Sunday Lunch...wrong!!!
Roast Beef came with two slices of Beef on top a few Veg and a couple of Roast Potatoes. Definitely not enough,
Dessert didn't fare any better, Cheesecake with Strawberries and Meringues was in fact one Strawberry cut in pieces and 2 tiny Meringues sitting on top a small round Cheesecake!
Nice Pub. very busy, excellent service but certainly not worth the total cost!

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

Popped in to this lovely looking pub on the Saturday, i had the hake fish special, I can honestly say I have never tasted food better, unbelievable standards, food looks outstanding and tasted even better, full credit to the chefs in that kitchen, will definitely be returning to try other meals on the menu.
Impressed.

Kathy

Reviewed 29 August 2018

the food fantastic, the people there brilliant.
I had my birthday dinner there on the 28th August my life partner and I absolutely loved it, the service is second to none
highly recommend going there at any time
thanks guys for a lovely time
Tabby and Paul
X X

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Came upon this pub on the way to Woburn Lido so decided to take my mum and the family for a Sunday roast.
The food was average to good.
The waitress was sweet.
The pub itself was nice but there was no garden or play area if you decided to bring children that fancy playing before or after their dinner.
The most shocking part was the bill.
For 4 adults and 1 child:
Drinks
4 mains
1 child meal
3 desserts
5% tip
£100
For a 2 course lunch this is very pricey in my opinion.
So you are looking at around £25 per head for 2 courses and a burger costing £12 be prepared to spend a whole weeks worth of food shopping on one meal.
I wouldn’t go back because for the price of the meal it didn’t match the quality of the food or venue.