All reviews nice hotel every morning beautiful view the owner bath village group sauna damuls skiing dinner
Reviewed 7 February 2017 via mobile

This is the 4th time we have celebrated our yearly girlfriend ski vacation here and every time it gets better. The hotel is lovely, the food is delicious, the rooms are comfortable and the sauna and pool are awesome. Staff is very friendly and flexible. I love the bed-breakfast-dinner option. Every morning freshly baked roles, cereal, eggs, fruit and great coffee are waiting, in the afternoon there is a snack like apple strudel or gluhwein in the lobby and every night a 6 course dinner is served. As a group you get your own table, wine that has not been consumed the night before is waiting at your table the next day. The sauna is great, just be aware that people are naked and both men and women are in the same area. If you do not like that you can use the warm water swimming pool to relax your skiing muscles. The relax room has a beautiful view, drinks and fruits, and the people are in bath robes.
The rooms are clean and have a lovely view on the mountains surrounding the village. It is a ski in and out location, although in the morning you have to climb a hill to get to the slopes. Then one cat walk down, crossing the parking lot and up the stairs to the ski lift. We did not mind at all, great warming up, but if you mind you can take the free shuttle to the ski lift. From the mountains you can ski all the way to the door of the hotel. Skis are stored in a heated storage so you equipment is warm and dry the next day.
I highly recommend this hotel for both families with small kids as well as teenagers and groups of friends.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2016

I just returned from a 5 night stay in this hotel. It is a cozy hotel suitable for large groups giving plenty of space to relax in the spa area, terraces and the restaurant. Up the road, there is a convenient supermarket. The food was good including nice fresh salad spread for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The rooms were spacious and well maintained. The staff was pleasant, they could try to smile a bit more but otherwise fine.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Miss_GrumpyCat
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed for a week in this hotel for an over 50's off- piste tuition week with the Ski Club of Great Britain. There were 14 of us and we all agreed it was a great choice of SCGB. It was a resort of which I was not aware. Mainly Swiss, Germans and Dutch, but increasingly English.

I arrived a day early and was uncertain how to get from Bludenz station to Damuls but the owner Ingo was at the station to greet me and take me 30 KMS to Damuls and they had kept the kitchen open late for me.
My room had a beautiful view of the typically picturesque ancient church which was deep in snow and floodlit. If you want a bath(rather than a shower) make sure you specify. Nothing was too much trouble for each of the staff. There was a substantial breakfast and dinner as well as lunchtime food.

Ski hire is 50 meters away.
The piste is immediately behind the hotel where you ski down gently to the main lift area. you can ski back into the hotel.
The village has only about 390 inhabitants, but they punch above their weight in providing wonderful hospitality. I did not see too much sign of any night life in the village but then we were skiing off piste all day and very happy to just have a convivial drink in the Hotel Bar.

The hotel has a wellness centre with a small pool, sauna, steam bath etc.

The hotel is smart and well maintained.

We had the professional services of a Damuls ski instructor and we all made progress in our techniques. Every day we had untracked powder. The village has the record for the snowiest village in Europe and it lived up to that reputation this week. Bliss!

Please stay in Damuls at the Hotel Mittagspitze!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Historian1066
Reviewed 12 February 2015

A very comfortable and cozy full-service hotel right alongside a connecting trail to the Damüls ski area (ski-in and ski-out with a 90-second walk). The decor manages to be both modern and traditional. My room was very pleasant with a nice up-to-date bathroom. I liked the classic dining room with numerous Vorarlberg touches. The food was very good throughout, particularly the breakfasts. A special mention to the two employees at the front desk whose names escape me (a woman from Austria and a man originally from Hungary) -- both were extremely helpful. When the WiFi in my room didn't initially work, they had someone come up and fix it within 90 seconds.

It's pretty clear that hotel owners in Austria consider it an integral part of their job to personally attend to their guests' comfort and not simply delegate it to other employees. That said, owner Ingo Madlener set a new standard for Gastfreundlichkeit (hospitality) by constantly providing all sorts of info about the village, his family's history there, the ski area, the region... pretty much everything. He even accompanied me on an unplanned mid-evening walking tour through town, pointing out all the sights, which concluded with a Glühwein at the nearby pizzeria. Based on conversations with veteran guests seated at the next table, I didn't get special treatment -- it sounds like he's very proud of Damüls and enjoys giving guests a personal tour of his hometown: a nice value-add.

In short: an ideal headquarters for a winter holiday/vacation in this incredibly snowy (the snowiest) part of the Alps. My only disappointment was that due to the two-day storm during my stay, I couldn't see the mountain peak (Mittagspitze) after which the hotel was named!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank James M
Reviewed 8 January 2015

We've been using this place over 6 or 7 years. The owner, Ingo (who also owns the Pizzeria further down the hill) is a great host and always makes us welcome. Every year we see further redevelopment and renovation work and these days it's pretty swish in most respects. It has a fine kitchen and we've never been disappointed with either breakfast or dinner going for the half board option.
The kids love it and in our experiences the kids of the different guests usually mix well. There is a small swimming pool which is a nice and unexpected extra.
This hotel is 'ski in/ski out' so very good for families with small kids wanting to avoid carting lots of gear around.

Room Tip: They have a new block, build around 6 years ago and I personally prefer the rooms in that section of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family