USD 125
USD 184
USD 179
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnice hotelevery morningbeautiful viewthe ownerbathvillagegroupcozysaunadamulsskiingdinner
Reviewed 23 January 2016 via mobile

I stayed for a week in this hotel for an over 50's off- piste tuition week with the Ski Club of Great Britain. There were 14 of us and we all agreed it was a great choice of SCGB. It was a resort of which I was not aware. Mainly Swiss, Germans and Dutch, but increasingly English.

I arrived a day early and was uncertain how to get from Bludenz station to Damuls but the owner Ingo was at the station to greet me and take me 30 KMS to Damuls and they had kept the kitchen open late for me.
My room had a beautiful view of the typically picturesque ancient church which was deep in snow and floodlit. If you want a bath(rather than a shower) make sure you specify. Nothing was too much trouble for each of the staff. There was a substantial breakfast and dinner as well as lunchtime food.

Ski hire is 50 meters away.
The piste is immediately behind the hotel where you ski down gently to the main lift area. you can ski back into the hotel.
The village has only about 390 inhabitants, but they punch above their weight in providing wonderful hospitality. I did not see too much sign of any night life in the village but then we were skiing off piste all day and very happy to just have a convivial drink in the Hotel Bar.

The hotel has a wellness centre with a small pool, sauna, steam bath etc.

The hotel is smart and well maintained.

We had the professional services of a Damuls ski instructor and we all made progress in our techniques. Every day we had untracked powder. The village has the record for the snowiest village in Europe and it lived up to that reputation this week. Bliss!

Please stay in Damuls at the Hotel Mittagspitze!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Historian1066
Reviewed 12 February 2015

A very comfortable and cozy full-service hotel right alongside a connecting trail to the Damüls ski area (ski-in and ski-out with a 90-second walk). The decor manages to be both modern and traditional. My room was very pleasant with a nice up-to-date bathroom. I liked the classic dining room with numerous Vorarlberg touches. The food was very good throughout, particularly the breakfasts. A special mention to the two employees at the front desk whose names escape me (a woman from Austria and a man originally from Hungary) -- both were extremely helpful. When the WiFi in my room didn't initially work, they had someone come up and fix it within 90 seconds.

It's pretty clear that hotel owners in Austria consider it an integral part of their job to personally attend to their guests' comfort and not simply delegate it to other employees. That said, owner Ingo Madlener set a new standard for Gastfreundlichkeit (hospitality) by constantly providing all sorts of info about the village, his family's history there, the ski area, the region... pretty much everything. He even accompanied me on an unplanned mid-evening walking tour through town, pointing out all the sights, which concluded with a Glühwein at the nearby pizzeria. Based on conversations with veteran guests seated at the next table, I didn't get special treatment -- it sounds like he's very proud of Damüls and enjoys giving guests a personal tour of his hometown: a nice value-add.

In short: an ideal headquarters for a winter holiday/vacation in this incredibly snowy (the snowiest) part of the Alps. My only disappointment was that due to the two-day storm during my stay, I couldn't see the mountain peak (Mittagspitze) after which the hotel was named!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank James M
Reviewed 8 January 2015

We've been using this place over 6 or 7 years. The owner, Ingo (who also owns the Pizzeria further down the hill) is a great host and always makes us welcome. Every year we see further redevelopment and renovation work and these days it's pretty swish in most respects. It has a fine kitchen and we've never been disappointed with either breakfast or dinner going for the half board option.
The kids love it and in our experiences the kids of the different guests usually mix well. There is a small swimming pool which is a nice and unexpected extra.
This hotel is 'ski in/ski out' so very good for families with small kids wanting to avoid carting lots of gear around.

Room Tip: They have a new block, build around 6 years ago and I personally prefer the rooms in that section of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank GDM70
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very helpful, friendly staff, good food (especially the breakfast - enough to set one up for the day) comfortable rooms. Smallish pool and pleasant sauna/steam room. Ski locker warm and accessed internally - there has been a recent development of the public areas of the hotel which now create a pleasant lounge and bar area. The restaurant is well designed with cosy spaces for small groups. Excellent location for access to the ski slopes. The hotel organised the lift pass which was charged to the room bill. Ski hire available about 30m away

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HMNewcastle
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Nice hotel in a beautiful part of austria. Two types of rooms, new ones and older type which are also very nice. The staff is very friendly but some of the parts of the hotel look a little old, especially the fittness room. Great base to do some looking around in the area. Check out the Zeppelin Museum in Friedrichshafen

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a view down the valley
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple