1,204 results
All reviews hot tub losehill house course taster menu steam room edale suite peak district outdoor jacuzzi family suite wine flight king room restaurant staff stunning views lose hill derbyshire breakfast lounge area glass of prosecco an overnight stay
Reviewed 17 April 2018

The good points:
1. Friendly welcome and all the staff were friendly and very polite and helpful
2. The treatments we had were lovely and the treatment rooms were very conducive to relaxing and being pampered
3. The whole place was pristine, clean and warm. It had a light, airy atmosphere and the dining room had beautiful white linen and lovely views. Both the breakfast and evening meal were very enjoyable and we loved not being rushed but having time to just enjoy our food.

Things that were not quite so good:

1. The size of the swimming pool area and associated amenities (steam room etc) was very disappointing. For a hotel with over 20 bedrooms there was simply not sufficient capacity in this area. I had the chance to use it with my sister early morning before anyone else arrived but when 5 other guests came it was overcrowded.
2. The lack of bed side lights or table lamps in the room meant you had to either sit in the dark or with the main lights on. Better lighting options should be considered.
3. The evening meal menu did not adequately cater for those who perhaps had a simpler palate. Whilst the food was of a high quality I feel it was a little too over complicated and perhaps a few simpler options may be an idea.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We had our wedding at Losehill and I can honestly say everything ran like absolute clockwork. Not one hitch on the day. Jules was really accommodating throughout the whole process, and I’m a very high maintenance Bride haha. Everything was exactly like I planned and envisaged for my wedding day. The main reasons we chose Losehill for our wedding were the surroundings which are beautiful, the fact you can have exclusive use (no sharing your limelight with another Bride!) and the food. We wanted more than your typical wedding meal and that’s exactly what we got. Food served by table so no guest left eating whilst another at the same table waits, served hot, and presented beautifully. It certainly impressed!

Also need to mention Amanda and the owner Paul who oversaw everything on the day and paid real attention to detail. Empty bottle of wine on the table, instantly replaced, water topped up. Plates cleared quickly. The service was brilliant. Even when we came down for breakfast the next day, they kept a list of guests who had yet to surface (nursing hangovers!) and were more than happy to accommodate requests for extra toast / juice / tea & coffee.

Rooms are lovely, me and my Bridal party stayed in the suites the night before which are really spacious and me and my husband stayed in the Edale Suite on the night of the wedding, again so spacious with a sitting area, large bedroom and huge bathroom with separate bath and shower and large sink area.

If you have high standards and want a venue to match then Losehill is the place for you.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018

My husband and I visited for our 1 year wedding anniversary with our only child (a 1 year old American Bulldog). We loved that such a beautiful hotel and spa were able to accommodate both us and our dog. The surroundings were beautiful. The food was very nice. The spa was lovely (albeit quite small) and it was nice to enjoy the outside Jacuzzi overlooking the gorgeous scenery, and our treatments were amazing.

We also got a great deal on a two night stay with spa access and treatments, which included breakfast and dinner in the restaurant on both days!

We would love to come back again!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2018

The title sums it up really, we stayed with friends for one night dinner bed and breakfast. The room was comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. Dinner was very good ( the hake was delicious) and breakfast beautifully cooked to order.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shalottes
Reviewed 7 April 2018

We enjoyed a delicious afternoon tea in a beautiful dining room, with stunning views of Lose Hill, despite the constant rain! There was a good variety of sandwiches and cakes, and the scones were freshly baked. The waiter was attentive and brought us more tea without us having to ask.

Stayed: April 2018