Words cannot possibly describe the experience at the Rocabella Mykonos. By the way, I'm dying to try the one in Santorini. That's next, but certainly not in lieu of.. I wouldn't miss the chance to visit my awesome friends @ the Rocabella Mykonos for anything in the world! They have become like family to me.
This was my third time in a row and even though every time I think it's impossible, it just gets better with each visit. I've sent several friends to the Rocabella, each of whom have thanked me over and over again. If I were you, I wouldn't pass up an opportunity to be pampered by this fascinating establishment - at least once!
Where do I start?
Whether at the port or the airport, you're picked up by a driver who's professional, knowledgeable about the island, pleasant and warm with a terrific sense of humor. On your way up to Agio Stefano, during the few-minutes ride, you're simply in awe of the island's beauty!
Entering the Rocabella - I always get the chills when I exit the Mercedes van that brings you to the entrance. The greeting - where you're welcomed with smiles and champagne at the very least. The first thing I always say as soon as I get there - "This must be exactly what heaven is like". The décor, the music and the staff - excellent.
You enter the Rocabella and the breathtaking view from the welcome lobby grasps your attention immediately; and trust me---it's one that will remain in your mind forever. You'll find yourself afterwards, in the middle of your work day, daydreaming about it. While working, you'll think back to this image and start looking to arrange your next trip there asap; because frankly...once you visit the Rocabella, you won't want to stay anywhere else!
The staff - Alan manages an outstanding staff. He, himself is so incredible in each and every way, in terms of his personality, his experience and the way he handles each guest. He does not miss a beat. Margarita - goodness! The sweetest thing you'll ever meet. Her smile lights up the whole room and she has the most pleasant disposition imaginable. I adore her and Alan. The both of them always make my stay incredible. Maria and the rest of the staff - all of them - are just simply perfect! They are polite, lovely, pleasant and smart. Luv you guys!! :)
"The scoop" - You'll sit down for a few moments with any staff member, and while drinking your champagne and munching on fresh fruit, you'll get the info on the island's goings on. The staff is extremely resourceful. Pay attention and take their advice when it comes to eating, partying, romance or just peaceful nights. You won't go wrong.
Your accommodations - This time I stayed at the two best villas that the Rocabella offers. I was stunned by the simplicity of the luxurious suites and the magnificent view from every angle; but no matter what room you choose, you'll feel like you're in a different world. In fact, during my stay, at times I pinch myself in disbelief. Every detail is thought out carefully; the jacuzzi, the linens, the unique Coco Mat pillows that shape perfectly and uniquely to your head, the ever so comfortable mattress, the cleanliness, the surprise treats in your fridge...but most importantly, the feeling of serenity. The whole experience is just superb!
The breakfast - The food plus view combination is divine. This time around, the breakfast was both as a buffet as well as your main course on a menu. The cheese pies and spinach pies were so delicious, I kid you not - the kitchen wasn't making them fast enough. They have many choices on the buffet tables; however the choices for your main breakfast course are placed on a menu. There are several and all mouthwatering. The omelette and the scrambled eggs with feta and tomato were my favorite! The chef is a genius, which brings me to....
The Reeza - Their restaurant by the pool. Make sure you eat here at least once. Chef Stefano creates masterpieces. He is exceptional! There is no other like him! No matter what you eat, you're sure to devour it and want more..but save some room for his divine desserts. Love you Stefano!!!
Being in the pool is like being in Paradise. You won't want to come out. The pool mattresses are awesome! The sunbeds are so comfortable and situated perfectly, so that you're able to enjoy the view of the island and its gorgeous blue waters. Have a drink, relax and take it all in...
Of course....I can't complete this review without mentioning the massage!!!!! OMG!!! Martha, (the masseuse), I will never forget you! It was an hour of heaven! She starts from the tip of your toes and goes all the way up to the tip of every hair on your scalp. By the time she's done - I'm just warning you - you'll be so relaxed, you'll feel as if you were placed in a trance. You won't remember your name, (I didn't), you definitely won't be able to speak..and for sure, you won't be able to walk from the wobbly knees you'll end up with. (I advise having someone pick you up and help you back to your room - LOL). I've had many massages in the past. This was the best one, by far!
At night, (after you've watched the sunset by the pool), feel free to hang out and have great drinks! Huge lanterns and candles outline the pool area, that ultimately create the most serene atmosphere you could ever imagine.
I strongly suggest you add "Staying at the Rocabella Mykonos" at the top of your bucket list. No matter where it falls on that list, whether it's before or after the opera or skydiving, make sure it's gets added on! You will not be disappointed....
.....(ESPECIALLY YOU NEWLYWEDS)!! For all you guys out there who are discussing honeymoon spots with your future wives, trust me - book this place and YOU WILL BE THE MAN! I've heard how the newlywed couples talk about their stay and I can guarantee you that your wife will be completely overwhelmed! Be sure to book way in advance, though! The place gets booked immediately!
Until next time, my Rocabella darlings....Can't wait!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to your bohemian retreat, where slow living and happiness is homemade. A place where you can be your true self, authentic and simple. Rocabella was born to create a hip retreat haven, a home away from home, for real travellers seeking wanderlust and authentic experiences. Our hotel is located just 300 metres from the beautiful beach of Agios Stefanos, while it takes only a 5-minute drive to get to the fairytalish Chora. Our 21 rooms and suites respect and faithfully serve the simplicity of the Cycladic aesthetics. Simple lines, bright white, earth tones and natural materials, along with stunning views of the Aegean Sea and the picturesque Chora, compose everything that “awakens” the wanderer within you. Minimal chic design and bohemian atmosphere accord to your comfort and total relaxation. The room facilities & services cater to the needs of the modern traveller, who wants to be themselves, authentic and simple. Come on then and discover your own corner of handmade happiness ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia APAC, Hotels.com, lastminute.com.au, Wotif.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Rocabella Mykonos Hotel & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel And Spa
- Rocabella Art Agios Stefanos
- Rocabella Mykonos Hotel & SPA Agios Stefanos