“Brilliant birthday lunch”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

4 people for lunch, they have a $30 special at the moment - choice of 3 entrees, 3 mains, 3 desserts. VALUE +++

Between the 4 of us we shared entrees - 2 garlic breads, salt and pepper calamari and onion rings. Calamari was absolutely delicious, as were the onion rings.

Mains were 3 x battered fish and 1 steak, all were huge servings and there were no complaints from any of us :)

Dessert - mum and I were bitterly disappointed that they were out of sticky date pudding :( the waitress offered Mississippi Mudcake in its place (not normally one of the offers with this special) and I have to say it was delicious. Hot, fluffy muscake served with icecream and a POT of hot fudge sauce to pour over the top. YUM

The others also seemed to enjoy their rocky road sundaes.

All up, we all had a smashing good feed. Wicked good value!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

The chef has clearly never heard of salt. The food was extremely bland and disappointing. Even the veg was poor quality with brown bits like it was old. My second visit and I would definitely not return.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

You know what you're going to get at Hogs Breath and its generally a well cooked steak that is tender, and I love the hog tail fries and stuffed potato skins. They are also very flexible with chips, potatoes, etc and with veggies or salad. There is also variety for the non Steak eaters. When you walk in you can feel like its a place people are having a good time, which is facilitated by the friendly staff.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

After a day out called in for a meal on our way home.
Very friendly waiting staff, took us to our table, and later sat down with us to go through the menu.
I'm not a steak guy, so I asked if the special of fish and chips was a good size dish. I was told it was, so I ordered that. When it arrived it was basically what I would call as two small fish fingers size pieces of fish, that would not fill a child, a plate full of salad and curly fries. A couple of bites and it was gone. My wife had the ribs special which was a bit better.
At the time of settling the bill, I handed over a discount voucher I had received as a promotion with a windscreen repair. I was told that the voucher was not valid as I had had the special. I pointed out that I could not see any terms on the voucher and most restaurants have specials as complementary dishes to the main menu. She reluctantly accepted the voucher. I also pointed out that the fish dish was too small and I was now going home to eat again. She told me what did I expect at the price ($15).

I very rarely give a negative review like this, Hogs Breath have gone down hill over the past few years, and we will not be dining there again in the future

Reviewed 13 February 2018

And to be brutally honest, I wish I hadn't.

When I asked my companion on their opinion after the meal, it was "basic".

On the steak and accompaniments I can't offer any kind words.

On their fish (of the day?) the fish was "ok".

Considering the last visit was so memorable, it was sad this one wasn't.

Perhaps it was just a bad night.
But with so many other restaurants out there you can't serve this stuff up.