“Mother’s Day evening meal”
Review of The Badminton Arms

The Badminton Arms
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 March 2018

I don’t normally venture out for meals on Mother’s Day but this year my own daughters were either working or away so my sister invited me out with her family. We often go to this establishment for our own family celebrations and it holds dear memories of my late husband and father who both loved the food here. Today as expected it was exceptionally busy, on Sundays you are usually allocated a one and a half hour slot at your table however due to the amount of people things were running late when we arrived at 4.30 and we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated. The queue for the carvery stretched almost to the entrance when we joined it but we were happy to go with the flow. The food is always very good, I’ve never had a bad meal here. The meat is cooked to perfection and there is a wide choice of what I call ‘real’ veg, by that I mean mashed carrot and swede, roast parsnips, cauliflower cheese and greens. Every meal comes with Yorkshire pudding, stuffing and sausage. As a recent convert to vegetarianism, on this occasion I ordered the nut roast -it was absolutely delicious. It is essential to book for any Sunday as it is a very popular venue. The atmosphere in the pub is warm and cosy and I would highly recommend it but probably better on an ordinary weekend.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We visited after a long country walk to refuel. This was our first visit and we were impressed by the price of the carvery - £5.99 for a small plate! You have a choice of meats (or can have a bit of everything) and a good choice of veg, extras, sauces etc. You can go and have a much of the veg etc as you like. Cosy atmosphere with a fire going and a good crowd of locals. Will definately be visiting again

Reviewed 2 March 2018

This pub specialises in carvery but has other meals including bugers and small meals. Called in onb 28th Feb 2018 early, it was quiet but busier by the time we left. Best carvery we have had lately. Gammon, Turkey and Beef were available with trimmings. Roast potatoes not crispy which suits us.

1  Thank tel63
Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The food is amazing, but our experience is nearly always let down by the man who runs front of house. He is extraordinarily rude; such a shame. We've eaten here a fair few times now and the first couple of times I just thought maybe he's just had a bad day, but now we've been there enough times to find that he seems to be unpleasant all the time. Really disappointed as we really really love the food but always leave feeling a bit sad about the way we've been spoken to.

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

Hubby decided to take me out for tea, so as we had a busy weekend and no roast on sunday i decided i fancied a carvery.
Monday early evening and it was very quiet so got a table easily.
Carvery did not disappoint, I had turkey and beef with all the trimmings. The meat was lovely and tender another was a good choice of veg. All piping hot and hubby (who is not a great carvery fan) said it was the best carvery he had had.
Good quality food at a good price will return.