Grand Hotel Helio Cabala
USD 105
USD 80
USD 58
  • Restaurant
B&B Ai Glicini - Castelli Romani(Marino)(Great Value!)
Villa Savoia(Marino)
Il Casaletto(Marino)
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 July 2016 via mobile

This is a 5 star property with 2 star hotel, at most.
I live in hotels and this is NOT a four star.

The rooms and bathrooms are very dated and the beds are very well used, to say the least.
The restaurant had only two beers in the entire bar, and is only open 'some nights' forcing us to go to town in an expensive cab to try to find dinner. We asked for beer on the second night and lo-and-behold there was none so no one went to the trouble of getting stock.

Breakfast is extremely poor and consisted of some bland cereal, only one type of cheese, only one type of ham, ice cold boiled egg, tinned mix fruit salad and a selection of pastries. We asked for salt and pepper and was told there was none. The coffee was atrocious.

There are hundreds of badly placed wifi hotspots with different names so you have to log in each time you move as it is a new router and your password isn't stored - very frustrating. The internet connection was average.

The views however are breathtaking and sets this property apart, but not as much as they would hope as we're checking and looking for another place tomorrow night.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank cobusn
Reviewed 21 July 2016

I booked this hotel for 2 nights. We visited Rome last year and this year were on our way down to the Amalfi Coast. The hotel was just what I wanted, or so I thought. We arrived about 8ish in the evening. The restaurant was not open which meant we had to get back in the car and find somewhere to eat. Secondly I booked the hotel as it had a beautiful swimming pool. When we asked if we could swim we were told no as there was no life guard and anyway we would not have been able to swim as they were having a conference later in the day. We were expecting a lazy day relaxing next to the pool before heading off on our road trip. So sadly the hotel did not live up to our expectations. The breakfast was not what I would have expected in a 4 star hotel and the décor was a little dated. There is wifi but you can only access this in the reception area of the hotel. The hotel is in a fantastic setting and the views are amazing.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lazybreak
Reviewed 25 February 2016

I stayed here with a tour group and was very impressed with the gorgeous property. The views are stunning! My room was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean. It even had a towel warmer which I loved!
My only complaints were:
1. The daily long walk up and down the steep. winding, cobblestone path to our bus which couldn't fit along the narrow road to bring us to the front door.
2. The cold shower on day two (no hot water that day for some reason).
3. Wifi was free, but didn't work.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2015 via mobile

The hotel is situated in Marino castle gandolfo next the pope Residents
Great location the staff on our arrival is always welcome, and very friendly,
Also the General manager Stefano
Is an fantastic Person we definitely will back again soon

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 November 2015

Amazing views, beautiful grounds, polite staff-absolutely wonderful. I stayed with a large (rather obnoxious) group as part of a conference for work, and the staff was patient and gracious. It is true that not every facet of the room is super fancy and updated, but I would prefer character, beauty, and charm any day.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business