It was an occasional trip to Rome with my girlfriend: we firstly planned to go to Crete, but suddenly changed our mind and chose Lido di Ostie as the town to stay in, where Stella Polare B&B became our native home for 10 marvelous nights!
This B&B is situated nearby the railway station of the same name (4 mins walk), supermarket (2 mins walk - on the way to the railway station) and the beach (5 mins walk) - so close to each other.
There only two rooms at this B&B. We lived in the best room, to my mind - the one of the grey colours. The room looked fresh, modern and clean! I would have given three stars out of five if this place was qualified as the hotel!
Towels and bed-linen were changed daily, there was also a free of charge A/C, safe and a small fridge and a cool big wardrobe with lots of hangers;).
The breakfast was from 8:30 until 9:30 - not that reach but nourishing enough for morning!
Keep in mind that you'll also have to pay 3,5 euros per person a day for the service (governmental fee i guess).
We highly recommend Stella Polare B&B to other tourists - it's a great choice in all instances! Simona and Salvatore are great hosts! They treated us marvelously! Thank you for your hospitality!
Cheers, and good luck to you!
Eugenia and Georgy
P.S: Simona and Salvatore also look after 4 cats - Luna, Marta , Joy and Stella! Luna is more user-friendly :))) : come and get friends with her;))
We've been in lots of different hotels and guest houses in Europe, but this is the best!
- very friendly and attractive householders - Salvatore and Simona: they gave us lots of advises about different tourist places and restaurants in Rome and Ostia, discount coupons for club beaches and many other things
- wonderful room: big and comfortable bed, good bathroom, TV, condition e.t.c.
- the most thing I like is the garden they have we chill here every day
- breakfast: boiled eggs or fried eggs , bacon , beans , toast , pastries , yoghurt , ham and cheese , and most importantly : the perfect cappuccino
- we also have rent here for 5 euro two bicycles and ride all Ostia
I defiantly recommend this place
Our stay at Stella Polare was one of the best B&B experiences I've had. The hosts are generous and gracious, and it is obvious the small B&B is well cared for. Stella Polare has 2 reservable rooms - perfect for couples. Location-wise, the B&B is a 2 minute walk from the sea, where you will find plenty of restaurants, beach-clubs and free beach access. In the other direction, walk 5 minutes or so and you'll reach the train station, where you have a direct line to both Ostia Antica and further on to Porta S. Paolo. We enjoyed getting to experience Rome's wonders while staying outside of the city in this beautiful, quaint B&B.