“Great food”

Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Hambrook
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 June 2018

Have eaten once before at the White Horse, couple of years ago, enjoyed it then had a better meal this time around. Coming from a fishing town i didn't think many places outside of the area would compare, well the fish nd chips here came close. The batter was light and crispy, fish soft and light, the starters were homemade scotch egg, tasty, devilled kidneys best for a long time and fish goujons in a brown bread sandwich, well good. What with three drinks the amount came to £38, very reasonable. Staff friendly and accommodating and the pub itself had a lovely vibe about it.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

We live quite near to The White Horse but have never been here for a meal until now . It was decided on to celebrate a family birthday and as we had a young child with us it was an early meal . The Pub has a nice atmosphere and plenty of parking. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We only had a main course rather than a three course meal . Myself and my wife ordered the lamb chops of the specials part of the menu. They were very large and well cooked along with new potatoes and puréed celeriac. It was delicious. The portions were large and filling. We will have to return to sample the full menu. Loved it .

Reviewed 20 June 2018

We each ordered a starter and a main meal and were very pleased with our choices. My starter was a scotch egg which does not sound too exciting but, trust me, it was super. The egg was not overcooked and the meat was good quality. My wife chose chicken livers on sour dough and she was pleased with her choice. Her main was sausage, mash and crispy parsnip. She really enjoyed it. I chose a salad with various types of beetroot. I enjoyed it but felt that there was too much lettuce. The service was pleasing and the pub had a good atmosphere. I recommend that you book as it is very busy.

Reviewed 20 June 2018

Had another lovely meal at the White Horse. Prices aren't cheap but the quality of the food is very good. The pork belly roast was absolutely delicious. Loved the fact that dogs are allowed in the pub too, although we didn't have ours with us, will definitely go again and take our pooches with us. My husband said the garden looked really nice out the back too.

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I had smoked haddock with new pots and veg, the fish was lightly smoked and cooked well, very tasty. 2 others in my party had beef burgers which were cooked well, juicy and tasty. Child’s meal of sausages and chips was quite large portion for a 3 year old but adults helped out, good quality of sausage. Desserts were delicious although the biscuit base of the cheesecake was very thick and hard to cut and eat. Everything was cooked well, presentation was good and staff lovely and attentive. I’m not keen on dogs wandering around the dining area although staff did keep trying to keep them away, be better if they were put in the garden. Nice pub and garden.