“Great little Restaurant !”
Review of La Cuisine de ma Mere - CLOSED

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Really enjoyed our lunch! Great food and wine. Loved the homemade soup and salads were delicious. Wonderful atmosphere in this little bistro! Great prices! Definitely will dine again!!

1  Thank gr00vygranny

Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

two albertans visiting family in area. we stopped for a light lunch, sunny day, patio attracted us, food was delicious.

1  Thank susanyoungleslie
Reviewed 11 June 2013

Have been here a few times, food always fabulous, fresh.. Love the outside patio, worth the price, she makes great Sunday brunches too..

1  Thank Sigg
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I eat at La Cuisine at least twice a week. The food is scrumptious, healthy, and very affordable. One of the unique things about this restaurant is the truth to its name. La Cuisine de Ma mere actually DOES feel like "my mothers kitchen." Not only is the food home-made but the owner and her waitresses make you feel at home and often carry on genuine friendly conversations with the customers. I have brought my family here, and they all love it, and I will continue to recommend this restaurant to all of my friends and co-workers. This restaurant is a hidden gem.

1  Thank ellenrmr
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I have been here for lunch a few times and I've enjoyed it. Today, however, I was extremely disappointed with the service. I showed an interest in their sandwich special which was a tiny wrap advertised as chicken, avocado and mango and apparently "really good". I ordered it with their delicious couscous salad. All at a price of $13+. My first bite was ok, mostly avocado, and the couple bites following included maybe 1-2 small pieces of chicken and a strange taste that I'm not so fond of... Mustard. Did not find this single other ingredient in the description, which would have changed my decision to get it. I felt bad sending it back since I had already eaten half of it in the few bites I took (TINY). So after the server passed me a couple of times I told her I wasn't enjoying it and I asked if it could be remade without mustard, or if I could get something else, so she said "let me ask in the kitchen.." She returned with the menu and offered for me to choose something else, so I went with the veggie panini which I knew was delicious. She came back a few mins later witH the panini and said "my boss says you need to pay for this because there was nothing wrong with the other sandwich". I indicated that I was leaving and would not be returning. If she had pointed out that I would have to pay for a new sandwich before allowing me to choose and brining it out to me, I wouldn't be as disappointed as I am now but this just shows how some businesses handle their complaints and customer appreciation. Never going back and advising my coworkers and clients not to waste their $ either.

3  Thank janetlswright