“Unfortunate customer service”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I have been here for lunch a few times and I've enjoyed it. Today, however, I was extremely disappointed with the service. I showed an interest in their sandwich special which was a tiny wrap advertised as chicken, avocado and mango and apparently "really good". I ordered it with their delicious couscous salad. All at a price of $13+. My first bite was ok, mostly avocado, and the couple bites following included maybe 1-2 small pieces of chicken and a strange taste that I'm not so fond of... Mustard. Did not find this single other ingredient in the description, which would have changed my decision to get it. I felt bad sending it back since I had already eaten half of it in the few bites I took (TINY). So after the server passed me a couple of times I told her I wasn't enjoying it and I asked if it could be remade without mustard, or if I could get something else, so she said "let me ask in the kitchen.." She returned with the menu and offered for me to choose something else, so I went with the veggie panini which I knew was delicious. She came back a few mins later witH the panini and said "my boss says you need to pay for this because there was nothing wrong with the other sandwich". I indicated that I was leaving and would not be returning. If she had pointed out that I would have to pay for a new sandwich before allowing me to choose and brining it out to me, I wouldn't be as disappointed as I am now but this just shows how some businesses handle their complaints and customer appreciation. Never going back and advising my coworkers and clients not to waste their $ either.

3  Thank janetlswright

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Great coffee and cupcakes at la Cuisine de ma Mere

1  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We eat at La Cuisine a couple of times a week and we really enjoy it. Tasty new specials every day and a great atmosphere. The turkey panini with chèvre is excellent and somehow Kim even has the ability to make broccoli taste good. I hear the cup cakes are coming soon too!!

Highly recommend you try it - I'm sure you will enjoy yourself!! Dr. A

3  Thank LAOrtho
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Great little spot.
Run by a Mother/Daughter team, Its what you would expect from a home cooked french bistro.
Had the Ham and Cheese Baked French toast with poached egg and a coffee. The food was great. My only complaint was that the coffee was a bit strong.

1  Thank DylnBrry
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Waited 30 mins for a cappuccino and saw them take out my "fresh" French toast from the freezer and pop it in a grill. The venu is cute but that won't get people to keep coming back.

3  Thank Chickano