“Simple Place and Great Food”
Review of Halibut House

Halibut House
Ranked #26 of 68 Restaurants in Port Perry
Reviewed 5 July 2017

This isn't a fancy restaurant. It's clean, fairly basic interior (it does have granite tables), and super friendly staff. The food is great. On Tuesdays, you get all you eat haddock and chips for $14.99. Great stop on the way home from up north.

Reviewed 4 July 2017

Port Perry is a tourist town, so many of the restaurants are positioned on the older streets leading down to the lake. Halibut House is not in the tourist quarter but on Scugog street, so its setting is not so picturesque. However the food and service make it worth leaving the Old Town. Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, and the restaurant is clean and spacious. We chose halibut and chips with coleslaw, and were very pleased with the prompt service and excellent piping hot food.

Reviewed 16 June 2017

This was recommended by a friend. I'm gluten free, so restaurants are a challenge for me. I ordered the seafood soup and my friend had fish and chips,which included coleslaw with his. His lunch was very good, my soup was a disappointment. Served in a rim soup bowl, I saw lots of broth, a few pieces of potato and a few slivers of fish floating around. I was disappointed but didn't want to be complaining to the person who bought me lunch. I suffered with high blood pressure for a few days afterwards so I'm guessing g that there was a lot of salt in the soup. I will not return back. My friend did comment though that his fish and chip meal was really good. Lots of French fries on the platter.

Reviewed 2 June 2017

Good deal on cod & chips. Nice clean restaurant. Food served fast. Best tartar sauce I've ever had. Very friendly staff!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I always make the effort to stop and get take out on our trip through port perry! We get the halibut take out special with coleslaw and a large Greek salad (every time!) the fish portions are large and fries too! The Greek salad has the most amazing dressing! You won't be disappointed! Staff is always quick and friendly! We always get served fast even though we are getting take out! The longest wait we have had was 15 mins! Totally worth the wait though.

Pricing is very fair for the portions and quality. Always a filling meal.