All reviews private spa swimming pool large bedroom lake trasimeno hidden gem delightful hotel would return in a heartbeat large car park under cover small fridge staff were welcoming olive trees grounds are beautiful stayed longer relaxing stay tuscany and umbria sauna
Reviewed 21 October 2018 via mobile

PROS
Great time at the SPA, excellent breakfast, good dinner and great overall service

CONS
Maybe a bit overpriced, not with a view on the lake/hills

Great place, it deserves a place.
Good point on the SPA and the Restaurant, really awesome.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
icapriccidimerion, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2018

Dear guest,
thank you for the review, we're glad you enjoyed your stay.
We have 9 rooms, not everyone has a frontal view over the lake, but all rooms have a view on the park because our villa is immersed in a park, and a view partly on the lake even if the presence of trees can disturb this view.

We suggest you to request a room with lake view next time and we'll be happy to book it for you ;)

Thank you again and see you next time,

Reviewed 20 October 2018

We only had one night to stay, but it was a beautiful and quiet change for us coming from the city. Everything was clean and the staff was very friendly, accommodating, and helpful. We even booked a private cooking class with the chef at their restaurant, which was so much fun. We would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again if we were in the area.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
icapriccidimerion, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Dear Sarah,

it has been a pleasure to have you as our guests and we're happy to know you enojoyed your stay and the cooking class with Michela, our chef !

Thank you for this beautiful review, we hope to have you as our guests in the future

Our best regards,

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

We were lucky to stay there for 4 nights and despite the hard bed (are all beds in Italy so hard? We found this to be the case everywhere we stayed), we would return in a heartbeat! The spa alone, included in your stay, is absolutely amazing! We so looked forward to our one-hour spa time each night when returning to the hotel after a day of exploring, and was what we missed the most after we checked out
Our room itself was lovely! We stayed in the Merion suite and aside from the gorgeous large bedroom, there is a small kitchen (sink, small fridge, no stove) plus a sitting/dining room.
The grounds are beautiful & picturesque; we only wished it hadn’t been so unusually windy during our stay as we would have loved to sit outside, and enjoyed the pool too.
The restaurant is delightful! Breakfast is included (croissants & other pastries, along with Italian meats & cheeses, fruit & yogurt as well as some scant vegetable offerings from their garden, plus juices, and cappuccinos of course). We ate dinner there just once and loved it. Delicious food, and fantastic service! We also enjoyed after-dinner amaro almost every night — they have a small but nicely stocked bar cart in the lounge and are very generous with their pours!
I would recommend this hotel to any couple looking for a relaxing stay, whether doing day trips to Umbria or Tuscany or not!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
icapriccidimerion, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2018

Dear ask4janice,
we're really happy to know you enjoyed your stay and thank you for the compliments to our restaurant, spa, rooms and every details of your holiday!
We're sorry you didn't find our mattress comfortable, usually they are appreciated by our guests, however we know that this is a very personal preference.

Thank you again and come back soon, we'll be waiting for you !

Reviewed 10 October 2018

Were do you start, this hotel had a great feel about the place. The place very clean and had lots of character about it. The rooms are a good size and the beds are comfortable. The restaurant was very nice and only had breakfast but was very nice. The staff were always very friendly and looked after me and my friends.

Room tip: All rooms are good 😊
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
icapriccidimerion, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear guest,
thank you so much for your very nice review !

Reviewed 1 October 2018

We had friends staying nearby in a villa so we chose this hotel as our location for a 4 day stay. What a lovely private hotel.

The hotel itself isn't in a wonderful location but once you drive into the car park you aren't aware of the surroundings. Plenty of parking under cover which helped in the strong Italian heat of September.

Our welcome was lovely from the young receptionist. We were offered drinks in the garden whilst checking in & the taken to our room which was spacious & cool. We had a nice view over looking the outdoor dining area & the front garden.

Air con was good, the bed was comfy enough & the bathroom was huge with a good shower. TV had virtually no English speaking channels (norm for Italy) which is fine but after 3 weeks away from home it is nice to see UK news.

The restaurant was very good & we had dinner on 2 occasions. Food & service was very good both times & dishes that we hadn't seen elsewhere were on the menu. Breakfast was good with home made breads & jams on offer but they did tend to run out of bread rolls very early in the morning.

The pool area was lovely with plenty of loungers & a pool that wasn't too cold so you could actually get into it!! which is unusual for European hotels.

Staff were helpful & friendly but the lady owner? was a wee bit detached & frosty.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
icapriccidimerion, Proprietario at I Capricci di Merion, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear McAnnie1,
thank you so much for your very nice review and for appreciating your stay..we're happy that your experience was so pleasant !

I'm very sorry if I gave you that impression, probably I was busy in some work that distracted me from the reception. I really love my work and to make my guests feel at home, and it is my prerogative to always be a shiny happy person...I am in doubt you confused me with another person.

However I'll thank you for the feedback and I'll be glad to have you as our guests again

with kind regards,