See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 July 2015 via mobile

We stayed at the villa for 5 nights and had such a wonderful holiday. The villa is lovely, the views awesome and the food excellent. But what really made are stay so fabulous was Paolo and Alena. Nothing was too much trouble. They were extremely helpful and knowledgeable about the area. They were so friendly and went above and beyond. Driving away today I felt like I was leaving a friends house. I will definitely return. One recommendation would be "you need a car!!!" Lol! Eh Paolo?! Thank you so much for a wonderful time! Ciao Barry! X

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 May 2015

My husband and I spent two days at a small, wonderful B and B near Lake Trasimeno in Umbria, Italy. Highly recommend a visit. We were treated like family with excellent recommendations for restaurants, attractions, nearby cities, etc. given a bottle of wine upon arriving and the owner, Paolo, made us dinner the first night. Not part of the package just a very generous charming man.
The view is great but you must have a car to get around. Bit away from any city but worth it. Excellent breakfast and very accommodating about the time.

Room tip: Ask for a room with a terrace facing the lake.
Date of stay: April 2015
Reviewed 14 August 2014

For people wanting a cultured and fun holiday this is a great place to stay. You can be in Sienna in an hour and Perugia in 40 min. Lake Trasimeno is five minutes away and you can Paddle Board, Canoe, water ski and many other things. A trip to the larger islands on the lake is also very pleasant and easy to do.
Paolo and Alena make you so welcome and offer great hospitality. There is a typical European breakfast of bread, cheese and meat with yoghurt, fresh fruit and cereal. You can also have eggs done as you like for no extra cost. (Scrambled with panchetta is a great start to the day.) If there is one tiny issue for a man who is over 100 kg/ 220 lbs, it is the size of the shower, but then again, I should not be so large. I coped and had a great time. The pool is a welcome haven after visiting the various towns and cities in the area, it is tranquil and often empty of guests, just when you need that peace and quiet before you decide to dress up and go out. Paolo provides a list of restaurants that are in the town or close by and we were not disappointing with any of them.

Room tip: Ask for the front rooms with a balcony and lake view. You will not be disappointed.
Date of stay: August 2014
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We are a senior couple travelling from Australia to celebrate our 42nd wedding anniversary. Upon arrival at Villa Sensi we were offered drinks which was wonderful. It only got better from there. The room had a balcony with sensational views - some of the best in Italy. The owner of Villa Sensi (Paulo) goes out of his way to make your stay a memorable one. Alena works for Paulo and is exceptional ALWAYS smiling and happy. Nothing is too much trouble for this little gem. I have never met anyone like her. I would
Strongly recommend Villa Sensi to everyone. Just amazing and a place not to be missed.

Room tip: Rooms with a balcony worth every cent for the view alone.
Date of stay: June 2014
Reviewed 22 October 2013

My wife and I chose Villa Sensi for it's proximity to southern Tuscany's hill top towns and to other choice locations in Umbria. From that perspective it was a great selection. What made it even better was the warm hospitality and friendliness of Paolo and Liise. We were treated graciously with all the help and advice we could want. The Villa has an exquisite view of Lago Transimeno which made waking up each day a real treat. Sensi is a quiet place to relax after a good day of exploring the surrounding area. Breakfast included many nutritional and delicious offerings. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay with many thanks to Paolo and Liise.

Room tip: Arrive before sunset; it may be challenging at first to find Villa Sensi.
Date of stay: October 2013
paolo s, Owner at Villa Sensi, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

First of all I apologize for such a late reply. As you well know we are a very small team here at Villa Sensi and I always prefer to spend my free time with guests, having a drink together, etc. Thanks a lot for such a nice feed back. Look forward to see you again in the near future. Ciao. Paolo