Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Riding

Great for both the experienced rider and the beginner ! The horses were extremely well cared for... read more

Reviewed 25 September 2018
Excursion150870
Rudy Rancho is amazing.....!

Rudy's Rancho - Las Galeras My family had a perfect ride with Rudys Rancho. Rudy is so easy to... read more

Reviewed 8 September 2018
Fiona I
Brooklyn, New York

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 May 2016 via mobile

Rudy will charm your pants off in about 5 different languages. Rudy, his wife, and the other guides are truly lovely people. I went on the Las Galeras/La Playita daytrip ride, arranged last minute like everything I do, and tagged along with a couple who had never been on a horse and a lady who had been riding since age 13. No experience required, but if you've got it, Rudy won't hold you back! I do NOT have it, so I was very grateful for the brief riding intro, the well-mannered horses, and the little tips here and there along the ride. Rudy really personalizes the experience, switching from one language to the next, never letting anyone feel left out. It was a surreal experience, the sound of the hooves and the feel of the horse, riding through the quaint village of Las Galeras, admiring the stunning views, and splashing through the shallow waves of La Playita beach. There is a stop at La Playita to swim in the ocean if you want, but I had forgotten my swimsuit and so instead had a mini-salsa lesson by the sea. In addition to Rudy the cowboy, there was also once Rudy the professional dancer. True story!

As a little aside, I was very pleased to see how well taken care of Rudy's horses were :).

2  Thank Sarah H
Rudysrancho, Propriétaire at Rudy's Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

Hola Sarah,
thank you for your nice review.
We are so happy when people realize dreams and feel happy!
I do my best to offer great memories to our customers!
We hope to see you soon !

Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

We had a blast at Rudy's. The girls I rode with were experienced but I wasn't and they made it alot of fun. The horses were great and the tour guides were super nice.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Rudy was an incredible guide as our group of 4 traveled by ATV to Playa Rincon. The ride was absolutely breathtaking. The mountains, the lush greenery, and the small towns where locals were going about their day made this trip unforgettable. Rudy personalized the trip based on what we wanted, frequently asking us if we wanted to stop to take pictures or take different routes. He took us to a local fruit farm, showed us the marble on the side of the mountains, a local iguanario, and ate a delicious fish lunch with us at Playa Rincon. Although Rincon was our beautiful destination, the entire trip offered a piece of the Dominican life that I don't think we would have seen any other way. Rudy was so very personable and caring. You can tell he takes his job seriously because his horses, his ranch, and community are his passion. He is adored by everyone in the community! I can't recommend Rudy enough, he is such a genuine person. He even invited us to his ranch a few days later but we ended up heading to another beach the day we were going to visit. The ATV trip was definitely the highlight of our trip.

Hola mis Amigos,
thank you for your very gentle review.
I do my best to offers great memories to my customers.
I love to take care of each other, and I think people feel it!

I hope you will come back soon at las Galeras, to make you discover many other wonderful places!

Reviewed 10 April 2016

We are a couple and 3 children (12, 10 and 9) and we had a lovely ride from the ranch into the countryside and then down to the beach where we rode in the surf and along the sand. Rudy is very professional but friendly and the children loved the whole experience.

Reviewed 29 March 2016

My husband & I had the pleasure of doing a private 4 hour horseback ride with Rudy. I can honesty say that I have never ridden such a well trained horse, other than my own. Usually when you go on riding tours, the horses are not the best behaved due to tourists hauling on them all of the time, but these ones were great & they were healthy, too. Rudy is very concerned with your safety, so you have little to fear. We rode over beaches, through towns, & up a mountain to Monte Azul, where we had drinks. The views were incredible. After all of this, I got to have a massage with Rudy's other half, Caroline. This was the icing on the cake. An absolutely, wonderful day!

1  Thank traya2