“Lovely 3 hour ride”

Rudy's Rancho
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Las Galeras
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Horseback Riding in Las Galeras, Samana Dominican Republic - Located 500 meters from the nice Grand Paradise beach, Rudy's Rancho offers horseback riding excursions to discover the flamboyant nature and wonderful sea views of Las Galeras. Rudy shares with you his passion for horses and for the Peninsula of Samana, with professionalism and kindness. German, French and English spoken perfectly! ( Information : Las Galeras, Samana is located 6 hours from Punta Cana, 3 hours from Santo Domingo and 5 hours from Puerto Plata and 1.25 Hour from Samana El Catey International Airport. )
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Baby buggy parking, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 10 April 2016

We are a couple and 3 children (12, 10 and 9) and we had a lovely ride from the ranch into the countryside and then down to the beach where we rode in the surf and along the sand. Rudy is very professional but friendly and the children loved the whole experience.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"saddle"
"galloping"

Reviewed 29 March 2016

My husband & I had the pleasure of doing a private 4 hour horseback ride with Rudy. I can honesty say that I have never ridden such a well trained horse, other than my own. Usually when you go on riding tours, the horses are not the best behaved due to tourists hauling on them all of the time, but these ones were great & they were healthy, too. Rudy is very concerned with your safety, so you have little to fear. We rode over beaches, through towns, & up a mountain to Monte Azul, where we had drinks. The views were incredible. After all of this, I got to have a massage with Rudy's other half, Caroline. This was the icing on the cake. An absolutely, wonderful day!

1  Thank traya2
Reviewed 17 March 2016

My wife and I each had a wonderful massage from Caroline, we highly recommend it during your stay in Las Galeras! Both Rudy and Caroline are super friendly and are great people to get in touch with about almost any activity you want to pursue while in the D.R.

1  Thank Isaac B
Rudysrancho, Propriétaire at Rudy's Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2016

We are happy to know that you enjoyed the time spent with us. We did too!
see you soon at LAs Galeras.

Reviewed 14 March 2016

the grandchildren went horseback riding which was the highlight of their trip. I would recommend it. the staff operating it were excellent

Hola Lucy,
thank you for the review.
Our horses love children, and children love our horses. This creates great moments together.
We hope to see you soon.
Rudy

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 March 2016

I have ridden with Rudy before and always have an amazing time, but I was especially impressed this time with how he and the other guide handled my friend who was a first-time rider. She was nervous about riding a horse, but I had convinced her to join me for a relaxing horseback ride through beautiful Las Galeras. By the end of the excursion, she was happy with her decision to give riding a try, and a month later she's been asking me when we'll return! What a great way to see Las Galeras...we will definitely be revisiting Rudy's Rancho (and Casa Colibris for a post-horseback-ride massage).

1  Thank Robin D

Hola Robin,
Thank you for your review that explains well that we adapt the horses to the level of customers, and that this is very safety to ride with us!!
Hope to see you very soon, back to Paradise!
And Caroline will enjoy to give you another massage!
Hasta Pronto Mi amiga !