Open today: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Review Highlights
Riding

Reviewed 25 September 2018
Excursion150870
Rudy Rancho is amazing.....!

Rudy's Rancho - Las Galeras My family had a perfect ride with Rudys Rancho. Rudy is so easy to... read more

Reviewed 8 September 2018
Fiona I
Brooklyn, New York

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 25 September 2018

Great for both the experienced rider and the beginner ! The horses were extremely well cared for and looked in great health. The guides were so good - friendly and helpful yet allowing you freedom to enjoy the wonderful area the ride took you on - tropical forest to cantering across a white sandy beach - highly recommended and great value.

Reviewed 8 September 2018

Rudy's Rancho - Las Galeras

My family had a perfect ride with Rudys Rancho. Rudy is so easy to work with and he accommodated our son and his girlfriend to be able to take a private ride.
The first thing they said when they returned from their 2 hour beach ride was, “I never expected it to be that fun, I would highly recommend it."
We always tell our friends and family to use Rudys Rancho - he is an institution in Las Galeras and he cares and loves his horses, has excellent skills as a horseman, terrific customer service (speaks five languages) and is an all-around nice person. Strongly Recommended.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

We went to Rudys Rancho , horses well kept,well trained, the host was super nice
what a great experience to run on the beach ,

I would seriously recommend them , you will not regret your experience,

Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

We had a very good first impression of our guide, Ezekiel. When we came, he introduced the horses to us and asked if we wanted to help groom them. I find this very positive as it’s a great way to start bonding with your horse. He checked with us what our skill level was and then we started our Campo-Pueblo-Playa tour. Since we all knew how to ride we did a great mix of walking, trotting and galloping. What we appreciated most was that the horses looked healthy and well-cared for. We met the owner, Rudy, and talked to him a little bit. Really nice person and a true horse lover. Would definitely recommend this place and come back. Thank you for making our vacation complete with this ride, which was a highlight.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

We had an amazing time, an unforgettable experience special bathing the horses at the end of the excursion, Rudy was such a great company and looked after me and my daughter very well, thank you Rudy for this experience and we will definitely come and see you again. Fernanda Jorge

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I took Rudy's half-day tour with my wife and two kids (10 and 8). This tour involves riding from the ranch to a beautiful local beach and back, and spending about an hour and a half at the beach itself for swimming and lunch. You arrive at the ranch and watch as Rudy and his cousins select and saddle horses for your party. He's got a dozen or more horses, and he takes his time fitting the horse to the rider. My wife and I got our own horses (Pinchon and Moreno), as did my 10-year-old. My 8-year-old was a bit more timid with the animals, and so rode with Rudy himself. None of us had ridden before, or we had only ridden once and briefly, but no matter. The horses are all very well trained, and we learned to control them quickly.

We casually toured the countryside, passing farms and ranches, and stretches of open jungle. Rudy acts as a tour guide at this point, highlighting local trees and plants (the forests around here teem with edible fruit, it seems). Rudy himself seems to know everybody in town. He's a great fit for this kind of job.

At the beach (La Playita) we were served an excellent rendition of the typical Dominican lunch (fish or chicken with rice and beans). The fish was excellently grilled and really tasty. We rode back more or less the way we came, with a detour to ride along the beaches adjacent to the ranch. While my wife got a massage (sold separately), my kids and I splashed around in the clear waters of that beach. We were there only about 30 minutes before spotting a sea turtle ambling through the shallows.

All in all, an excellent half-day. Verbatim quotes from my kids:
10-year-old: "I was worried at first, but once I got used to it, it was awesome!"
8-year-old: "I kind of wish I could have done it [ridden her own horse] myself, but it was still fun!"

2  Thank Peter Y
Rudysrancho, Propriétaire at Rudy's Rancho, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Hola Peter,
Everything is said in your review!!
Thanks a lot and see you very soon I hope.
Rudy

Reviewed 17 April 2017

We took our boys, aged 4 and 8 for an hour long ride. They absolutely loved it. One of the guides took them both on a horse as they are too young to ride alone. He was very caring and gentle. The horses all look very healthy and well cared for. They are well trained. If you wanted to, you could even gallop. The ride is customized to what you want. Riding on a beautiful beach with a horse is really a great feeling.
Rudy speaks many languages so communication is not a problem. He also responds to your emails promptly. The prices are very reasonable and the people are friendly and trustworthy. We did this tour at the beginning of our trip and set the right tone to enjoy this beautiful area with its wonderful people. In fact Rudy set up another trip for us to Fronton beach for snorkelling. That was amazing too! Thank you Rudy!

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

Since nobody reads the whole thing, I'll give my suggestions first. 10/10 trip if you follow these tips
1) bring a little backpack ( not purse) for reserve water, tissues for bathroom use, or sunblock
2) bring a reserve bathing suit. There are moments by water and the beach ( lunchtime)where you have to wait a bit-you'll wish you had it. Towel not needed.
3) bring a little extra cash 10-20 us$ because there are some treats you'll want ( fresh pina colada or a coconut with rum the locals prepare). Trust me. Bring the reserve cash. It's not uncomfortable hustling, they'll hook you up nicely.

Now let's go. 5 stars. You turn into the property and it's a Dominican slice of heaven. All things Dominican with horses and sheep and chickens walking around on beautiful property with horses having full range ( excellent care, you can see the Rudy family are animal lovers and ecologists) except when it's time for their job. That job is To take you off through the jungles that open up to one of the nicest beaches I've ever seen.

I asked for the rincon beach horseback tour. My Goodness. It was slightly advanced terrain, but the experience was unlike anything else. We were with Canadian seasoned horseback riders and THEY SAID we were super spoiled by the experience.

I'll leave the unspoiled adventure to you, but - Rudy rocks , - ask for the the roasted fish for your meal ( you'll cry for joy, and I encourage you to go watch it's preparation. All men who barbecue will be in AWE), -DONT FORGET YOUR BATHING SUIT. Infact tel Rudy you have it and he'll take you to his boyhood swimming hole.

Best tour I can remember in last 5 years.

I've written quite a few very honest reviews. And this was probably my top review. If you follow my tips, you'll have a 10/10 experience

7  Thank Dan K
Reviewed 29 March 2017

The horses are beautiful and healthy and the route you are taken through of 2 different beaches is stunning. You will not be disappointed. The guide is helpful and can speak 3 languages and welcomes beginners.
I visited Las Galeras for 10 weeks this past winter from January through March 2017. I have nothing negative to say about the town or people except for my rental property Casa Jim and it's managers who would go into my dilapidated bungalow when I wasn't there. Once when my 74 year old aunt was visiting me for a week she was not feeling well on the 3rd day and decided to stay back. The Woman who rents the property, Laurence, was embarrassed and shocked when she walked in on my aunt in her bedroom naked. The manager was doing her usual thing of sneaking into my paid for rental but got caught this day and did not even apologize to my aunt. The manager of juanylolo@hotmail.com went so far as to turn off all the fans in the hot bungalow even though my was still inside andl wasn't feeling well.

1  Thank janicemichelleloucks
Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

My friend Sue, and I met our guide Ezikel, and our Horses Omega, and Pichon, at Rudy's. We had the BEST TIME! Omega & Pichon were gentle, yet ready to pick up the pace whenever asked. Ezikel, was great, patient with my muy Malo espaňeol, he guided us through beautiful country sides, and villages on the way to an Amazing beach ride back, along Playita,and various beaches. Horse back ridding along the beach, shouldn't be missed, a bargain at any price, and Ezikel, a good natued, and gracious guide. Garcias, Ezikel y Rudy.