Paul, Audrey, and Gus were great! Very funny and friendly and it was a relief to have them all speak English well (most people in Las Terrenas just speak French and Spanish).
- Really awesome and entertaining crew
- Knowledgeable and experienced
- Nicer bus than most tour companies with an air conditioner!
- Great value (+ our tour included a Pina Colada or a Coco Loco)
Pro Top: Pick the Coco Loco and have the lady add a ton of rum to it.
- Mostly 1:1 instruction help if needed (I was rusty and Paul mostly stuck with me at first)
-If you're coming from Las Terrenas, it takes a bit to get to Samana city and then some time by boat to get to the dive site.
- Not their fault but the conditions were bad due to a lot of rain. Visibility was almost non-existent in the first 5-10 meters, which can be scary and not fun.
-The "Try Divers" they take on the tour take up a lot of time. Each dive the instructors took at least an hour with them after your dive and you're just hanging out and waiting for them. I'd suggest for them do a separate tour for those that want to try Scuba.
-Their equipment was very used (lots of holes in the wetsuits etc) and the tour was packed (maybe 20-25 people with 8-10 scuba folks).
-With some operations management, they could speed up the tour a bit. Our tour lasted almost 11 hours and some of it was caused by getting equipment together, waiting for the bus/loading equipment etc.
Overall, a great time and hopefully next time I visit it'll have better conditions! :)
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.