See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 January 2018

Drove from Thessaloniki to Karpenisi to celebrate New Year with my girlfriend and Yoko, my boxer dog. Rolled in when downtown was super busy and to my surprise Yiannis, the general director, reserved me a parking lot, in advance.

Once settled in, I bellied up at the main lobby to get some info about the city. Christos, the front desk manager was super laid back and helpful offering local advice. He suggested for local cuisines and places to go, so I did.

The room was meticulously clean, comfortable, warm and very cosy. Towels awaited us on the bed, which is a nice touch that I often see in higher end hotels. We could also have a hot shower anytime during the day.
We picked a room on the 4th floor, with amazing view, 24’’ flat Lcd Screen TV and quite fair wifi internet access(4,7mb/s during high demand).I could watch youtube videos, while using facebook, sending emails etc.

Hotel location is unique! Located In the heart of the Karpenisi’s town-quare and 15 minutes from the Velouchi ski centre, Hotel Elvetia is the top destination for those who wish to be on the Velouchi ski resort, with a speed-of-light.

Breakfast comes included, with great variety. Hot items such as turkey patties, ham, biscuits, local marmelades, honey and eggs . Cold items include greek yoghurt cups, fresh fruits, juices as well as breads/muffins.

During New Year celebration, local red wine, traditional pie and various treats were offered to the guests, so we had an amazing New Year inside the hotel.

I found the staff to be pleasant, kind and very helpful. Note that I was graciously allowed a late checkout.

I would definitely recommend Elvetia hotel, especially for those who are looking a starting point for discovering Karpenisi and Evritania region.

Room Tip: Ask for the fourth floor, as the hotel is located in the busiest street of Karpenisi town.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2016

stayed there one night for business purposes. We stayed in the first floor which is yet to be renovated, but it was clean, comfy and spacious, and that's about all you need. Had a good price and it is in the centre of the village. The breakfast could have been better, but ok.

Room Tip: top floors for better views and renovated rooms
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank StellaSp
Reviewed 16 November 2015

A very good hotel in Karpenisi.
Very nice atmosphere, good service and friendly staff,
Suitable for winter and spring.
Very good breakfast, and clean rooms.
Is in the centre of Karpenisi.
There are a lot of restaurants and bar close to the hotel.

Stayed: April 2015
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Very good service, very clean hotel with "rich" and delicious breakfast.
Very good location of hotel in the center of Karpenisi.
The room service and the service generally was kind and friendly.
The rooms were cleaned and with view to the center of Karpenisi.

Stayed: May 2015
Reviewed 17 June 2015 via mobile

This hotel is located at the center of town. The hotel is at an old building. However the room was clean, staff is very friendly and helpful. Big lobby. Nice WiFi worked fast. So if you come like us for a short visit St the area this hotel is OK. Please add a certain for the shower the bathroom gets lots of water.

Stayed: June 2015, travelled with friends